With summer almost gone my taste buds require something more filling, something with a crunch to it and more substantial…do you know what I mean? I am a serious snacker and definitively not “3 meals a day” girl. I think snacks are important in our diets because if we are stuck on the idea of three meals a day only, we are more likely to overindulge as we are not “ allowed” to eat again until the next window which might another 2 hours! So here I am with my nutty and seedy bars which are just perfect when you feel a bit peckish and need to fool your craving brain and please your rumbling belly.
- 3 ½ cups gluten-free oats
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup of ground hazelnuts
- ¼ cup ground walnuts
- ¾ cup ground almonds (freshly grounded into tiny pieces)
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup organic maple syrup or raw honey
- ½ cup of mashed banana
- ¾ cups of cashew/almond/peanut butter
- ½ cup of melted raw organic coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- In a bowl combine all dry ingredients together. Then in a separate bowl mix the maple syrup, mashed banana, peanut butter, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Combine both bowls into one and give it a good stir. I used my hands as they work better than any electrical equipment. Once done transfer the mixture in a baking dish and press it down firmly. Leave in the fridge overnight and in the morning cut into small squares
I hope you will love these bars as much as I do!