I love savoury snacks, and grazing all day and in the evening too! This spicy roasted chickpeas recipe is perfect as a snack but also to keep hungry stomachs at bay with a few handfuls of this delicious recipe.Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, is irregularly round beige coloured legume. It has a firm texture even after cooking and a hearty nutty flavour. It is available dried or canned. I prefer canned, because time is precious, but if you have time, let it soak overnight and then cook for around 1 - 1,5 hours. If you are going the canned way make sure you get one with no salt or sugar added.Back to this spicy roasted chickpeas recipe. I used smoked paprika, ground cumin, salt, pepper and turmeric! Did you know turmeric helps to maintain normal blood pressure and circulation? It contains Curcumin,an anti-inflammatory which is beneficial and important for your body. I love Indigo Herbs Organic Turmeric Powder, you can check it here.You can have this spicy chickpeas as a snack, but I love it sprinkled on a soup, salad or stuffed sweet potatoes! It really spices up your regular meals.
Here's the spicy roasted chickpeas recipe
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (I used Indigo Herbs Organic Turmeric powder)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp olive or melted coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and line up your baking tray with baking paper
- Place the drained chickpeas in a bowl and toss with all the spices, salt and pepper
- Spread evenly out on a baking tray and roast for 35 minutes or until golden
- Once baked, switch the oven off, open the door slightly and let the chickpeas in there for another 10 minutes. It will be extra crunchy!
Simple, delicious and satisfying spicy roasted chickpeas recipe. If you fancy something sweeter check my chocolate chickpeas recipe here.
Here's a quick video of this spicy roasted chickpeas recipe