I am a breakfast type of gal and love to switch things up. This simple toasted muesli recipe is the perfect breakfast on its own, but also great as a topping, tasty little snack or protein boost on your salad.For this simple toasted muesli recipe, I have chosen loads of different seeds and nuts. Chia, flax. pumpkin and sunflower seeds and some delicious almonds. You can swap some of these, but please remember to keep the same amount of ingredients, otherwise, this recipe won’t work. Porridge oats are fine and will work, however, jumbo oats will give it a really nice crunch. To sweeten things up I have used Coconut Merchant coconut nectar, but any liquid sweetener is good. If you want to keep it completely sugar-free then just leave the sweeteners out. If you do so, it won’t have a lot of crunch though. I love how versatile this recipe is and I don’t think I have ever made two batches that taste the same, as I tend to experiment with this recipe all the time.Here’s the healthy and simple toasted muesli recipe
- 2 cups rolled oats (the best are jumbo oats)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seed, ground
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 3 tbsp coconut nectar
- Preheat over to 200 degrees and line your baking tray with baking paper.
- Toss all of the ingredients into a bowl.
- Pour the mixture on the lined baking tray, pop into the oven for around 15 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Turn off the oven and let it cool with the oven door slightly ajar.
- Serve with yoghurt, fruit and a drizzle of your favourite sweetener.