I hear you guys, eating clean isn’t always easy. Sooner or later, cravings and temptation comes calling. Instead of giving in and devouring that mars bar or bounty, reach for a “healthy cheat,” like for these amazingly tasty, super easy and quick protein truffles. They have “bounty flavour” on the inside and raw chocolate on the outside…. and you need only 4 ingredients and none of the ingredients is sugar! They are easy to whip up and packs a protein wallop! Your taste buds and muscles will thank you!
Protein truffles recipe
In this recipe I have used the Ombar chocolate, but don’t worry if you can’t find it in your local shops, because quite frankly any raw chocolate or alternatively dark chocolate will do just fine. Coconut flour is another ingredients and I am sure many of you , just like me, have a bag of coconut flour and wondering what to do with it.
- 1 scoop of your preferred protein powder
- 2 tbsp of coconut flour
- 4-6 tbsp of coconut milk or any of your preferred milk
- Small dark or raw chocolate ( I used Ombar)
- Start with melting the chocolate .
- In the meantime stir together protein powder, coconut flour and coconut milk. The amount of milk depends on your protein powder. I used pea protein which is quite thick , so had to add 6 tbsp of coconut milk to create a sort of dough that can be shaped into truffle shape.
- Once you happy with the shape, pop them for a minute or two in the freezer, so they are a bit harder to work with.
- Now take the fully melted chocolate and dip those truffles in and put on a tin foil lined tray.
- Once all truffles are nicely coated, pop the tray in the fridge and leave to set for couple of hours. You can also freeze them.
This protein truffles recipe is the perfect treat to curb your sweet cravings without any guilt! As always if you make these beauties please share your feedback or photos with me. You can find me on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #hedihearts.