Family approved and protein-packed, these carrot cake protein energy balls are made entirely from wholesome, good-for-you ingredients.
Protein enriched snacks on the go are now so in fashion. So please throw away the sugary shop-bought versions and whip up these lush carrot protein energy balls which are gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar free and brilliant on-the-run-brekkie balls.
One food processor, no baking, no fuss ingredients, these are beautiful little bite-sized treats ♡
About These Carrot Cake Protein Energy Balls
They are so easy to make you could make them blindfolded ( please don't!)
This would also be a great recipe to get your kids involved in the kitchen, rolling and helping dip these little guys.
The ingredients can be swapped and changed , just make sure you stick to the measurements. Eg. Walnuts can be used instead of Brazil nuts but you will still need 1 cup.
Carrot Cake Protein Energy Balls Ingredients:
- Carrots - As fresh and juicy as possible.
- Nuts - I've used Brazil nuts, but you can use walnuts, almonds or cashews instead
- Flax seeds or chia seeds - Either works well. If using flaxseeds make sure they are grounded flaxseeds.
- Raisins - Work the treat, but so do chopped apricots.
- Pitted dates - Soaked for 15 min in a hot water to help to soften
- Dessicated coconut - Leave some space to rolls the balls in
- Cinnamon - I love my energy balls nice and cinnamon-y, but feel free to omit it
- Vanilla extract - If you can use pure vanilla extract for optimum flavour.
- Sea salt - Just a pinch to bring all the flavours out
- 3 cups grated carrot
- 1 cup Brazil nuts
- ⅓ cup ground flax seeds or chia seeds
- ¼ cup of raisins
- 1 scoop of your protein powder
- 7- 10 pitted dates ( depends how sweet you want it) soaked for 15 min in a hot water
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Start by blitzing the Brazil nuts into small chunks.
- Then add shredded coconut and soaked dates. It can be a bit lumpy for better texture.
- Add in the grated carrots along with protein powder, ground flax seeds, cinnamon, vanilla extract and salt.
- Place the dough in the fridge for 20 min.
- After 20 minroll firmly into balls and press in shredded coconut
- .Place the balls back in the fridge for 1 hour.