I absolutely adore baked oatmeal. It's super simple, super quick and super delicious. If you've never tried it before, let this recipe be an introduction to you. It's all the deliciousness of your normal oatmeal but even warmer and extra gooey and my Baked Blueberry Oatmeal version is the perfect recipe that combines all of those things and makes for a breakfast worth waking up for.
Having a good breakfast is key to starting the day right - but this delicious dish can be enjoyed any time of the day (I especially love it while curled up on the sofa after a long cold day). The best part about it is that it comes together in just 15 minutes and the oven does all the hard work for you, making it the perfect choice for a busy morning, or a lazy evening.
Not only is it plant-based and easily adaptable to a gluten-free diet by just swapping out the normal oats for a certified gluten-free version, but it's also loaded with wholesome real ingredients including nuts, dried fruit, maple syrup, blueberries and warming spices. I always use these super handy packs from Snacking Essentials. I made this version with blueberries, but you can substitute it with any other fruit you have laying around or that's in season. I've tried it with a combination of chopped apple, raspberries, raisins and even dark chocolate chips and they were all just as delicious - so really let your creativity shine here.
How do you make Baked Blueberry Oatmeal?
Basically... all you need to do is mix all of your dry ingredients together in one bowl and all the wet ingredients in another bowl. Then you mix both bowls together and pour the mixture into a pre-greased ovenproof dish. Top it off with some more blueberries and pop in the oven to bake until golden brown. I like to serve with a big dollop of yoghurt and a drizzle of homemade chocolate sauce; it's just like having dessert for breakfast or breakfast for dessert! Either way, it's a winning dish.
- 2 cups oats (use certified gluten free for gluten free version)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp maple or date syrup
- 1 Snacking Essentials Super Seed and Fruit Mix
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of ground ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- Coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 180 degree Celsius and grease a 9x13 baking dish with a touch of oil.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats with Snacking Essentials Super Seed and Fruit Mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking powder and salt.
- In another smaller bowl mix the mashed banana with almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Fold in the blueberries and pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish; top with more blueberries if desired.
- Bake for around 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with a spoon of white yogurt, drizzled with homemade chocolate sauce or maple syrup.
This oatmeal tastes great both warm and cold.
If you liked this baked oatmeal recipe make sure to check our my Healthy Oat Bread, Savoury Oatsotto or my gorgeous Blueberry Banana Bread Recipe.
Disclaimer: Collaborative paid work with Snacking Essentials, but as always all thoughts and opinions are honest and are my own.