This blueberry banana bread recipe is moist, sweet, full of amazing flavours and sweetened just with ripe bananas . It's naturally gluten-free and very easy to make. You will always go back for seconds.
The weather in the UK has been so humid lately, but unfortunately (or fortunately, you decide) it hasn’t stopped me eating stuff. By stuff, I mean this gorgeous blueberry banana bread recipe.
If you have ripe bananas laying around, you have to try this blueberry banana bread recipe. It’s easy, it’s delicious, and it just so happens to be good for you. Plus it makes your house smell amazing, so what’s not to love?
How Do You Make Blueberry Banana Bread
You whisk together the wet ingredients and dry ingredients separately, and fold them together until they’re just combined. I love the combination of banana and blueberry… it's a mix of sweet and slightly sour which just works so well.
Blueberry Banana Bread Recipe Ingredients:
- Almond Flour - I love the slightly nutty taste almond flour gives to this blueberry banana bread. You could also use half almond flour and half whole wheat flour or any other flour you might have in your cupboard
- Bananas - For the best results, make sure you use ripe bananas that are sweet and soft
- Blueberries - If you can’t get blueberries, go for strawberries or raspberries, just remember to stick to the measurements.
- Eggs - I used flax seed eggs, but you can use normal eggs or chia eggs.
- Baking Power, Baking Soda - to help this bread to rise up
- Vanilla Extract - always baking with vanilla for delicious flavour.
- Optional - Rice Syrup or any other sweetener.
Extra Tips For Blueberry Banana Bread
- Use ripe bananas. Brown, spotty ones are the best. They’ll give these healthy banana muffins a natural sweetness.
- Use fresh baking soda. This will ensure that bread rises properly. If your baking soda is more than 3 months old I’d suggest swapping it out.
- Use dried fruit. Replace the blueberries with raisins, cranberries, chopped dried apricots, o soft dates. You could also use a mix of nuts and dried fruit.
- Or add chocolate chips. Need I say more?
- Don’t overmix the batter. Just fold the wet and dry ingredients together. If you overmix the batter your bread may turn out dense and almost rubbery, which we don’t want.
More Delicious Banana Bread Recipes:
- Healthy Banana Bread
- One-Bowl Chocolate Banana Bread
- Banana Bread Overnight Oats
- Clean Chocolate Banana Bread
- Clean Banana Bread with Buckwheat Flour
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder + 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 super ripe bananas (those with black spots), mashed
- 1 punnet blueberries (125g)
- 3 flax seed eggs (you can use normal eggs or chia eggs too)
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: 1 - 2 tablespoon rice syrup
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees, line your loaf tin with baking paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the mashed banana, coconut oil, whisked eggs and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, mix the ground almonds, baking powder and blueberries.
- Mix both bowls together and pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin.
- Pop in the oven and bake for an hour or until brown and firm on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 283Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 326mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 5gSugar: 9gProtein: 7g
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.