As promised here is the Chocolate goji bars recipe from last night’s creation. The combination of coconut, nuts and cacao gives them the most chocolatey-coco nutty flavour that any eater – clean eater or not – would be happy to demolish these in seconds.
So easy to make, no baking, no whisking, just you, a bowl and your food processor working peacefully together as one . You really need to try it to understand how amazing they are! End of story.
Btw. did you know goji berries are the most nutritionally dense fruit on Earth. They are high in fiber, loaded with vitamins and antioxidants and low in calories.
The dried goji berries have a similar taste and texture like raisins, but unlike raisins they are sold unsweetened yet still sweet, so a tad more healthier for you and perfect for curbing hunger and cravings.
The fresh goji berries are slightly sweet and sour and not that easy to find if you live in the UK. Try Asian shops and supermarkets, you might get lucky. Ready for the recipe?
Here's the chocolate goji bars recipe
- 1 cup walnuts (any nuts will be fine)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- ¼ cup raw cacao or cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil (not melted)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup Goji berries
- Vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of chilli powder (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- For garnish:
- 1 tablespoon Goji Berries,
- 1 tablespoon cocoa nibs
- Combine all ingredients apart from Goji berries in a food processor and pulse until the walnuts are chopped finely and the mixture holds together.
- Add Goji berries and pulse until they are slightly chopped.
- Press the mixture into a parchment lined loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Goji and cacao nibs and press them down so that they stick.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Slice into 8 or more bars and devour!