OMG..I don’t know where to start, but let me tell you this clean eating brownies recipe is insane. I mean, insanely good, because it is chocolatey, gooey and absolutely delicious!
I would love to take the credit for this recipe, but I can't. Last week Dream, dairy-free brand, hosted an exclusive cookery event with Honestly Healthy’s Natasha Corrett and they invited me to come along!
We cooked up a storm! First up was a Berry Smoothie followed by Creamy courgette and carrot pasta, both delicious and really simple recipes, Just the way I like it. The pudding and star of the show was this clean eating chocolate brownies recipe. We served it hot to enhance to chocolatey and gooey experience and boy it was gorgeous. All the event attendees asked for seconds, and some of them (me) for thirds!
Dream has kindly allowed me to share the recipe with you here on my blog, so you don't miss out. Dream is a dairy free brand with a huge range of tasty products. I personally love their milks, the praline and hazelnut being my all-time favourite. Their milks are naturally lactose free, gluten free and soya free. They also have nut free and oat milks all of which taste great in smoothies, cakes or poured over your granola or cereals.
Here's the clean eating brownies recipe
Clean eating brownie recipe
- 100 gr dates, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes and then drained
- 2 chia eggs (2 tablespoon chia seeds + 6 tablespoon water mixed together, let rest for 10 minutes)
- 70 gr cashew or almond nut butter (I used almond butter)
- 45 gr melted coconut oil
- 45 ml of unsweetened almond milk or any other dairy free milk (I used Rice Dream Vanilla)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50 gr date syrup (you could use brown rice syrup, coconut sugar or maple syrup too)
- 20 gr ground flax seeds (you could use ground almonds too)
- 50 gr cacao powder
- 30 gr coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup roughly chopped walnuts or hazelnuts
- Start by lining up your baking tray with baking paper and preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Next in a bowl mix together coconut flour, cacao, ground flax seeds, baking powder and salt
- In your blender mix together dates, melted coconut oil, almond butter, milk, vanilla extract and date syrup.
- Blend until smooth and then mix together with the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the chia eggs and pour the mixture in your baking tray.
- The texture is very thick, so use a wet spoon to spread equally.
- Bake for around 20 minutes and devour while still warm
How amazing does this clean eating brownies recipe sound? These brownies are so indulgent and moorish, you simply have to make them.
Once again thank you to Dream for inviting me to their fab event and letting me share this recipe with you.
As always please, if you make this recipe share it with me either on my Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts
Catherine O Reilly
Hi Heidi can you use eggs instead of chia egg