Well hello there! I have something delicious to share with you today! Clean eating dark chocolate cups with strawberry sauce….I will now pause to wait for you to take a deep breath ….yes, these are so, so good. Highly addictive though, so strong willpower needed.
These are pretty easy to make and only a few ingredients. Talking about ingredients let’s look at them as I would like to introduce you to raw cacao butter. The first thing you will notice about this butter is the smell….it smells like the richest, lushest chocolate yet when you taste it you get disappointed because it has zero taste. This is great though because you will be creating the flavour by adding some raw cacao and date syrup. The more raw cacao the more intense the flavour is. The more date syrup the sweeter and richer it is.
Here's clean eating dark chocolate cups recipe
I get my raw butter here from Buywholefoodsonline as well as their cacao and date syrup too. I just prefer to get all my stuff from one place rather than spending lots of time searching for things. To be honest Buywholefoodsonline have pretty good prices on most products. They also sell mild and odourless coconut oil which I know many of you were looking for, so have a look.
What is cacao butter you ask? Cacao butter is basically vegetable fat extracted at low temperature from raw cacao nibs to protect delicate enzymes and nutrients. This process separates the butter from the powder and the butter is then solidified and moulded into button shapes. It’s packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants and you can add it to smoothies, ice cream or make these clean eating dark chocolate cups! I even occasionally add a small piece to my bath or use it as a moisturizer after a shower as it melts at just below body temperature.
- 1 cup Raw Cacao butter
- ¾ cup raw cacao
- ⅓ date syrup
- Strawberry sauce/jam
- 1 cup frozen strawberries or any other berries
- Splash of water
- Squeeze of lemon
- Squeeze of date syrup
- Start by melting the cacao butter in a bowl over a small pot/pan with boiling water.
- When completely melted, remove from heat and add cacao and date syrup, mix well ensuring there are no lumps or bits.
- Pour half of the chocolate into cupcake moulds and put in the freezer to harden.
- Strawberry sauce:
- Put all the ingredients in a small pot and simmer on a low heat until it thickens. Let it cool down.
- Take the chocolate cups out of the freezer and divide the strawberry sauce equally between all of them.
- Top up with the rest of the chocolate mixture and place back in the fridge until hardened
- Remove from moulds and enjoy.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week or in freezer for up to a month
These clean eating dark chocolate cups with strawberry sauce are amazing! A proper treat with no guilty feeling afterwards. Don't worry if you don't have cacao butter. You can use coconut oil instead. Be careful though and store these in the freezer at all times, otherwise they will melt.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. I received payment, or one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission.Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.