I love porridge and have it for breakfast almost every single day (yes in summer too) but every now again I fancy something different, so today I am sharing with you a clean eating quinoa porridge recipe.
The food blogging world is amazing. You get to meet so many people with the same passion and creativity. I have been friends with Hauke from Hurry The Food Up for a couple of years now. We have never met, but always chat about how to make our food more tasty, how to spruce up our blogs and exchange recipes. This clean eating quinoa porridge recipe is from his Vegetarian For Weight Loss ebook, which he has launched recently and asked me to review.
Vegetarian for Weight Loss is a book fused from both passion and science, written jointly by weight loss specialist Claire Garcia Ruiz BSc MSc, and Hauke, Kat and Dave the creators of www.hurrythefoodup.com. Claire explains the theory behind weight loss and how to go about it correctly on a vegetarian diet. Hauke, Kat and Dave provide the easy to follow meal plans, shopping lists and eighty simple but outstanding recipes from their blog. The book includes everything you need to know to lose weight simply and easily while still eating great food. This is a not a book of yo-yo diets, it is a guide to eating and maintaining a healthy eating lifestyle that you'll look forward to and reap the benefits from. I can't recommend it enough!
You can buy it here. It is only £3.74 !! Now let's get making
Here's the clean eating quinoa porridge recipe
Clean eating quinoa porridge recipe
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (you can use any milk you like)
- 1 star anise (you can omit, it will still taste lovely)
- 3 cardamon pods (you can omit, it will still taste lovely
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon (depending how much you love cinnamon)
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon almonds, chopped
- 2 dried apricots, chopped (I used raisins instead)
- 8- 10 tablespoon blueberries (I used frozen berries mixture)
- Optional: maple syrup to taste
- Get a pot, add quinoa, water and half a cup of almond milk. Set the rest of the milk aside, you will need it later.
- Bring to the boil and then lower the heat. Now add the spices, almonds, apricots and let everything simmer for about 20 minutes until the quinoa is cooked and the liquid is all gone.
- While the quinoa is cooking get another small pot, tip in the frozen berries and let them simmer until it resembles a jammy consistency .
- Once the quinoa is done, fish out the star anise and cardamom pods.
- Get 2 jars and divide the quinoa equally in between them. Pour the remaining almond milk over (divide between both jars) and add the berry sauce.
- If you are greedy, like me you can add some yogurt on the top, extra almonds and enjoy.
There you have it, clean eating quinoa porridge which is simple, tasty and full of nutrients and vitamins.
Don't forget to check my favourite top clean eating books and also go and say hi to Hauke on his Facebook page.
YESS to soy yogurt on top!!! How good does that look, Hedi?? Thanks so much for giving this recipe a shot and having a look into our eBook 😀
Hi Heidi, is it quinoa flakes you use or the little ball grains?
Hello lovely, the little ball grains...hahaha love how you named it xxx