I am so holding onto summer and this easy healthy mozzarella salad recipe has a real summer feel to it – perfect for a warm, relaxing evening. It's quick, it's nutritious and very, very tasty.
It goes without saying that mozzarella and peaches are the perfect combo for the summer especially when peaches are at their sweetest and juiciest – and cheapest, too. You could also try nectarines, which are equally tasty.
To add a bit of extra sweetness and colour I added popping pomegranates. Together with peaches they complement each other very well and no extra sweetening needed for their flavours to shine. To make it come even more alive, I made lush sweet and sour tahini dressing.
Of course, a salad like this shouldn’t be all soft, so add a generous sprinkle of mixed seeds or like me black sesame seeds, which give it the perfect bite. If you want to make it more filling you can wrap this salad like into these gluten-free coconut raw wraps, or you can make your own quickly and cheaply here.
Here's is the easy healthy mozzarella salad recipe
- 1 mozzarella, drained and sliced
- 2 ripe peaches, thinly sliced
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 1 big handful pomegranates
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds or mixed seeds
- 1 tablespoon Tahini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup, date nectar or honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the mozzarella, peaches, pomegranate seeds and spinach in a bowl or a plate
- Put all the ingredients for the dressing into a kilner jar, season and shake well
- Serve the salad drizzled with the dressing and seeds
Disclaimer: Some of products above are linking to Amazon as “affiliate links” because we're affiliates! When you click on a product, it'll take you to its Amazon page where the price stays the same for you and Amazon pays us a small percentage. This helps me continue to provide quality recipes and pay for ingredients.