Christmas is getting ever closer so this gingerbread chocolate doughnut recipe is perfect for the upcoming festive season.This gingerbread chocolate doughnut recipe is so easy and will make your whole house smell like Christmas thanks to the fragrant spices of ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Mind you, you don’t have to eat these only at Christmas time, I personally love these anytime of the year, but most of all as a wintertime breakfast recipe! Let’s not forget to mention that these doughnuts are baked, not fried, so you can eat more and still stay healthy.Just a couple of notes before we get to the recipe. I’ve used both almond and cashew nut butter and both work well. However, you can use peanut butter or any other nut butter. If you have a nut allergy, swap it out for pumpkin nut butter or tahini. Just remember to add a touch more sugar because seed butters have a slightly bitter and earthy taste.
Here's the gingerbread chocolate doughnut recipe
- 2 cups of oat flour (oats blended in food processor or a blender)
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsps of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- Pinch of all spice
- Pinch of cloves
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ cup of unsweetened almond milk or any favourite milk
- 1 chia egg (1tbsp chia seeds mixed with 3 tablespoon water, let sit for 5 minutes)
- 4 tablespoon almond or cashew nut butter
- 50gr of melted dark chocolate
- Handful of crushed almonds or any other nuts
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 180°C and set aside your doughnut mould case.
- In a bowl, add the oat flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, all spice, cloves and baking powder and mix well together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the chia egg with the almond milk and nut butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and divide this mixture into a doughnut mould case
- Bake for about 20 minutes and let them cool.
- Once cooled, dip each doughnut in melted chocolate and sprinkle with crushed nuts.
How easy is this gingerbread chocolate doughnut recipe? If you are after some more doughnut recipes, make sure you check these out!