Anyone who favoures savoury breakfast over sweet one this Healthy Breakfast Burrito recipe is just what you are looking for! Super easy, quick, delicious, vegan and vegetarian friendly!
In my eyes breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so whenever you can make it special; this is when this healthy breakfast Burrito recipe is definitely worth waking up early for.
Think whole-grain carby tortilla loaded with roasted cherry tomatoes, smooth, silky, butter-like avocado, crunchy greens and charred sweet corn all drizzled with spicy creamy dressing!
This recipe is simple, requiring just 30 minutes from start to finish.You can also add fried egg to boost the protein count. And you can eat it on the go! Simply roll up and tuck in.
I just love how portable breakfast burritos, so make loads and enjoy one for lunch or dinner too! I have used shop-bought wraps/tortillas but if you have time make my homemade tortilla. It's easier than you think!Of course the tortillas can be subbed with many things to keep this recipe gluten-free, including chickpea tortilla or gluten-free wraps.
Here's the healthy breakfast burrito recipe
Healthy Breakfast Burrito Recipe
- 2 wholemeal wraps
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled and sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, to taste
- Pinch of chilli flakes or chilli powder
- ½ cup your favourite white yogurt
- Big handful spinach, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 egg, small sweet red pepper
- Start by preheating the oven 200°C, fan 180°C.
- Put the tomatoes and sweetcorn on a large baking tray with the oil, garlic, salt, pepper and the lemon zest and juice. Combine well together and spread evenly
- Roast for 20 mins until golden and lightly charred.
- Taste and adjust seasoning
- Mix the yogurt ,curry and chilli powder in a bowl,
- If using fry the egg for 3-4 mins until the yolk is firm.
- Now assemble the burrito by warming up the tortilla; then put it on plate and top with spinach, tomatoes, avocado, sweetcorn and an egg.
- Drizzle with the yogurt dressing and sprinkle with some sweet red pepper rings and extra chilli flakes
This healthy breakfast burrito recipe would make a delicious on-the-go breakfast in the morning, easy pack lunch or mid-week easy style dinner. Make sure you pin this recipe up!
As always please, if you make this recipe share it with me either on my Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts
This looks like a perfect breakfast. Actually, this is a great lunch, as well.