I know some of you are “scared” of sweet potatoes and basically any carbs, but these carbs are good carbs and as long as you don’t eat 5 of them every day you have nothing to worry about. Sweet potatoes are low in GI (Glycemic Index) which means they produce only small fluctuations in your blood glucose and insulin levels, which helps with managing your weight, reduces the risk of heart disease, prevents energy slumps, reduces hunger and keeps you fuller for longer and many other amazing benefits.
Here's the roasted sweet potatoes recipe
- 1 big sweet potato
- 2 red peppers
- 4 shallots or red onions
- coconut oil, I used Coconut Merchant
- Few leaves of fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
- dried marjoram
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Wash the potato, peel it and slice it up. Set aside.
- Next peel the shallots and halve lengthwise.
- Wash the peppers and cut lengthwise into strips also.
- Get an ovenproof dish and oil with coconut oil.
- Arrange the potato slices, peppers and shallots in alternating rows and season with salt, pepper and marjoram.
- Tuck a few pieces of rosemary in between the vegetables.
- Melt some coconut oil and drizzle over the dish.
- Pop in the oven for around 35 min . Turn halfway through, taste and season if needed.
- After 35 mins or when the vegetables are tender, pop the dish under the grill and grill on high for 5 minutes. Watch it so it doesn't burn. Enjoy!
You could also add cajun spices to add a bit of a spicy kick and a few cherry tomatoes. Don't forget to try my sweet potato fries, they are divine and so crispy!