The Best One-Bowl Chocolate Banana Bread is a delicious, healthy chocolate banana bread that is so easy to make with simple and good-for-you ingredients.
As an avid recipe maker I’ve tried many banana bread recipes and this one is by far the best one yet! It’s super simple to make, so it’s great for beginners in the kitchen, and it’s perfectly moist and delicious with loads of good ingredients.
I don’t know about you but I’m always searching for perfectly simple recipes that don’t use any out of the ordinary ingredients. I wanted a good chocolate banana bread that tasted awesome but only had the most basic of healthy ingredients. This is that chocolate banana bread! You only need almonds, flax seed eggs, ripe bananas, cocoa powder and any type of liquid sweetener such as maple or date syrup.
This recipe is my second recipe for Snacking Essentials. I am a proud ambassador of their brand and truly love their products and the whole company itself. They are all about healthy eating recipes and treats as well as active lifestyle. Check out the gorgeous Homemade Granola I made for them last month.
This cake can be made completely by hand, though you can use a mixer if you like. I actually prefer to make the banana bread batter by hand – and the bonus is that you can do it all in one-bowl!This Best One- Bowl Chocolate Banana Bread is the recipe I make when I don’t know what else to bake. It’s the recipe I reach for when I only have an hour before we have to be somewhere and I forgot I had said I’d bring healthy dessert. Trust me, you NEED this recipe in your life!
Here's the best one-bowl chocolate banana bread recipe
- 3 ripe bananas
- 200g ground almonds or almond meal
- 3 flax seed eggs (normal eggs work too)
- 5 tablespoon maple syrup (you can use any other liquid syrup/sweetener)
- 5 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Optional: 50g dark chocolate or chocolate chips
- Toppings: Banana, crushed almonds from Snacking Essentials
- Start by preheating your oven to 180C and lining a bread tin with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all the ingredients adding the chocolate last.
- Pour the mixture into the bread tin and decorate with 1 sliced banana and a few crushed almonds
- Bake for an hour or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let it cool fully before slicing and serve with dollop of peanut butter
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 239mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 6gSugar: 15gProtein: 8g
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Looking for even more healthy dessert recipes? You'll love my Almond Florentines or this Banoffee Pie.