The autumn is in full swing and I am all the time thinking about making yummy and healthy seasonal recipes. Today I am sharing with you my delicious, dreamy and definitely the easiest caramel sauce recipe ever.This gorgeous, wholesome caramel sauce takes only a few minutes to make and is the easiest sauce to drizzle over your porridge, yogurt, or ice cream and the perfect dip for apples, pears or bananas. I have also tried it in my hot chocolate and even coffee and it was delicious. It has no butter, no added sugars, no dairy, sweeteners or artificial flavours.This easiest caramel sauce recipe is something that even your kids could make. You will need medjool dates, but if you can find them, use your dry dates in warm water for an hour until they plump up. Vitamix or any high-speed blender is best suited to make this date caramel sauce. But in case you don’t have one, don’t fret. Use a regular blender and blend at the highest setting for 4 to 5 minutes, stopping and scraping down in between. Then strain the puree through a mesh strainer, to get rid of the date membranes, or simply leave it for texture. If you want a thinner sauce for drizzling keep adding more liquid until you get the consistency you are looking for.As for the milk, I used unsweetened almond milk, but you can use whatever non-dairy milk you like. You can even use water, but in my humble opinion non-dairy milk makes it a little bit creamier and more like caramel.
- 10 large (or 15 small) soft Medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup of unsweetened almond milk (I used Plenish)
- A fat pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, softened (I used Coconut Merchant)
- Combine the pitted dates, salt, vanilla, and coconut oil, and water in a Vitamix or any high-speed blender.
- Blend until completely smooth and creamy.
- The caramel sauce should be thick and spreadable. If too thick to your liking add more milk
- Store the leftover in the fridge up to 7 days.
As always please, if you make this recipe share it with me either on my Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts