Hello my name is Hedi and I am an overnight oats fanatic. Right after porridge or baked oatmeal (can you see the oats theme/addiction going on) overnight oats are my favourite breakfast. They are so simple, yummy, perfectly balanced and the best bit is you make them the night before and in the morning eat them straight out of the jar cold or warm. My recipe for you today is overnight oats with chocolate sauce (healthy chocolate sauce of course) yogurt and strawberries. A few simple ingredients, a jar and a spoon, that’s all you need. Ah, and patience to wait till the next day to devour it!
As always feel free to change the recipe, if you don’t have strawberries use raspberries or blueberries. Cocoa powder could be swapped for Organic Carob Powder which boasts even more nutrients than cacao.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or rice milk or any other milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup yogurt (I used Provamel Soya coconut zero sugars)
- 2-3 strawberries
- For the chocolate sauce:
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- handful pitted dates
- 1 tbsp raw cacao or cocoa powder
- Get a jar and mix together the oats, almond milk and chia seeds.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- After 15 min give it another stir and place back in the fridge
- For the chocolate sauce, blend almond milk and dates in the blender, then transfer to a pot and simmer for 5 mins.
- Add the cacao, let it bubble for another 2 mins and your chocolate sauce is done. Let the sauce cool down and thicken up.
- Take the jar out (the oats should be set by now) and layer in half of the chocolate sauce.
- Top up with a layer of yogurt and add the rest of the chocolate sauce.
- Top up with a bit more yogurt and some cut up strawberries
If you like the sound of this, I am certain you will love my chocolate and orange overnight oats, strawberry overnight oats jar or protein overnight oats with berry compote.