Healthy Banana Bread is the most popular recipe in my house. Even my 10 year old Sofia can whip this recipe up. It's so moist, gently sweet and full of flavour. Hard to stop at one slice.
Is Banana Bread Considered Healthy?
This recipe definitively is healthier than traditional banana loaf or any shop-bought banana breads. It calls for only wholesome ingredients while being most and sweet.
How to Make Healthy Banana Bread?
It's so easy, you won't believe it. Everything is done in one bowl, no mixer or food processor needed and then you tip it all in your prepared baking tin and bake in the oven for around 40 minutes.
- Bananas - the spottier the better.
- Spelt Flour - any flour is good as long as you stick to the measurements. The only one I would avoid is coconut flour, which requires more liquid and different baking time
- Baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, and baking powder
HOW TO STORE BANANA BREAD
This healthy banana bread is so moist, so it will keep fresh for couple of days at room temperature. You can also wrap it with a foil and place leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days. It honestly tastes the best the next day. You can freeze it too, just wrap each slice separately.
- Healthy Banana Bread Muffins. You can also make this exact recipe into healthy banana bread muffins, just divide the mixture equally between 12 muffin cases
- Chocolate Banana Bread . Looking for a healthy chocolate banana bread ? Check out my Chocolate Banana Bread.
- Blueberry Banana Bread. For a blueberry banana bread, try my Blueberry Banana Bread.
- Different Flour. Try my buckwheat banana bread, it's so nice with a slightly nutty flavour.
- 3 large banana, ripe
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar (or even less, you can even omit it)
- 1 ½ cup (225g ) spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Get a big bowl, mash the banana with a fork and add it to the bowl together with the coconut oil and coconut sugar. Mix well.
- Next add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and combine well.
- Grease you loaf tin with coconut oil, pour in the banana bread mixture, decorate with another banana and some nuts and pop in the oven for 20 minutes to bake.
- After 20 minutes check the banana bread and cover with aluminium foil to avoid the bread burning on top.
- Bake for another 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
You can make this into 12 muffins instead of a loaf of bread. Divide the mixture into 12 muffins cases and bake on the same temperature for around 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean a
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 224mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.