This truly is the Bounty cake recipe! It’s perfectly moist and delicious, made with lots of coconut, and topped with a beautiful layer of raw chocolate.
I seriously hope you like coconut, coconut milk and coconut oil, because there is a whole lot of coconut happening today.
A bounty cake recipe made with raw chocolate, coconut milk, some nuts and a bit of love? Yes, we are doing this, so if you are not a Bounty lover (what??) scroll down to the next recipe!
HOMEMADE BOUNTY CAKE INGREDIENTS:
Alright, let’s make our shopping list! To make this homemade bounty cake recipe, you will need:
- Oil: Any coconut oil will do, but I like 100% raw virgin coconut oil.
- Nuts: I used almonds and walnuts, but you can use any nuts. Just make sure you stick to the measurements, or do 1 cup of mixed nuts.
- Desiccated coconut: Shredded coconut also works.
- Dates: I always use simple pitted dates, nothing too fancy needed.
- Coconut milk: I used full fat tinned from Biona or Coconut Merchant is also a good brand. Don't use light tinned milk, it won't work.
- Raw Chocolate: you could also use dark chocolate chips or dark chocolate. Raw chocolate has better ingredients though 🙂
Ingredient amounts and full instructions included in the recipe box below.
Now can (please) all my male readers skip the next sentence, but ladies !! this is the cure to your PMS, mood swings, cravings, tiredness, random tears, it cures it all. Tested….. Guaranteed results no matter what age 🙂
No baking required, only a bit of food processing here, a bit of warming up there and loads of bounty love everywhere
This is not a real cake, it’s a kind of pie or maybe a tart, but it is the real thing, 7 ingredients, no gimmicks, no chemicals, just pure deliciousness and seriously addictive.
Brilliant for parties, birthdays or to serve to somebody who doesn’t know what clean eating is and how good it can be!
Looking for more delicious sweet cake recipes? Here are a few of my faves! ♡
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
- Healthy Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
- Easy and Healthy Bundt Cake
- Healthy Strawberry Cheesecake
- Raw Chocolate Pistachio Cake
Here's the bounty cake recipe
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 cup dates, soaked
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (not melted)
- 2 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup tinned coconut milk (make sure no chemicals added, I like Biona or Coconut Merchant)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil ( not melted)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon raw date syrup
- Chocolate layer:
- 1 bar raw chocolate (size depends on how thick you want to have the chocolate layer)
- 3 tablespoon tinned coconut milk
- Start by soaking your dates in hot water for approximately 15 min.
- In the meantime gear up your food processor and pop in the nuts and process . I like it a bit chunky, but the texture is up to you.
- Next add dates, coconut oil and desiccated coconut and combine until you get a chunky, sticky dough.
- Get your round cake mould and transfer all the mixture to it pressing down firmly. Place in the freezer to set and harden
- Next up is the coconut filling. Place all the ingredients in a pot and gently heat up. DON’T cook it, just warm it up so the coconut oil melts nicely. Once melted pour the coconut into the cake mould on the date and nut mixture and make sure to press it down well so that it all sticks together.
- Place in the freezer for a couple of hours until it has firmed up
- Last but definitively not the least, is the chocolate layer made by melting raw chocolate with a bit of coconut milk. Once melted, let it cool down for a couple of minutes and then spread it all over the cake.
- Let it set for 15 mins in the fridge and devour!
How lush is this Bounty Cake recipe? All that is left is to close your eyes and take a piece and float away on a bounty scented cloud….Here is a video for you to watch how this beauty is made.
As with all my recipes, this is a treat, so eat with moderation and do not scoff all the cake by yourself! Make sure you pin this bounty cake recipe too!