This truly is the Bounty cake recipe! It’s perfectly moist and delicious, made with lots of coconut, and topped with a beautiful layer of raw chocolate.
I seriously hope you like coconut, coconut milk and coconut oil, because there is a whole lot of coconut happening today.
A bounty cake recipe made with raw chocolate, coconut milk, some nuts and a bit of love? Yes, we are doing this, so if you are not a Bounty lover (what??) scroll down to the next recipe!
HOMEMADE BOUNTY CAKE INGREDIENTS:
Alright, let’s make our shopping list! To make this homemade bounty cake recipe, you will need:
- Oil: Any coconut oil will do, but I like 100% raw virgin coconut oil.
- Nuts: I used almonds and walnuts, but you can use any nuts. Just make sure you stick to the measurements, or do 1 cup of mixed nuts.
- Desiccated coconut: Shredded coconut also works.
- Dates: I always use simple pitted dates, nothing too fancy needed.
- Coconut milk: I used full fat tinned from Biona or Coconut Merchant is also a good brand. Don't use light tinned milk, it won't work.
- Raw Chocolate: you could also use dark chocolate chips or dark chocolate. Raw chocolate has better ingredients though 🙂
Ingredient amounts and full instructions included in the recipe box below.
This is heaven in a dish! After the tremendous (I like this word) success of my Protein Bounty balls and Bounty slices here comes the king of Bountyland aka Bounty cake recipe!
Now can (please) all my male readers skip the next sentence, but ladies !! this is the cure to your PMS, mood swings, cravings, tiredness, random tears, it cures it all. Tested….. Guaranteed results no matter what age 🙂
No baking required, only a bit of food processing here, a bit of warming up there and loads of bounty love everywhere
This is not a real cake, it’s a kind of pie or maybe a tart, but it is the real thing, 7 ingredients, no gimmicks, no chemicals, just pure deliciousness and seriously addictive.
Brilliant for parties, birthdays or to serve to somebody who doesn’t know what clean eating is and how good it can be!
Looking for more delicious sweet cake recipes? Here are a few of my faves! ♡
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
- Healthy Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
- Easy and Healthy Bundt Cake
- Healthy Strawberry Cheesecake
- Raw Chocolate Pistachio Cake
Here's the bounty cake recipe
Bounty cake recipe
Bounty cake recipe which is healthy, gluten free, vegan, made with raw chocolate, coconut milk, some nuts and a bit of love? Yes, we are doing this!
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 cup dates, soaked
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (not melted)
- 2 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup tinned coconut milk (make sure no chemicals added, I like Biona or Coconut Merchant)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil ( not melted)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon raw date syrup
- Chocolate layer:
- 1 bar raw chocolate (size depends on how thick you want to have the chocolate layer)
- 3 tablespoon tinned coconut milk
- Start by soaking your dates in hot water for approximately 15 min.
- In the meantime gear up your food processor and pop in the nuts and process . I like it a bit chunky, but the texture is up to you.
- Next add dates, coconut oil and desiccated coconut and combine until you get a chunky, sticky dough.
- Get your round cake mould and transfer all the mixture to it pressing down firmly. Place in the freezer to set and harden
- Next up is the coconut filling. Place all the ingredients in a pot and gently heat up. DON’T cook it, just warm it up so the coconut oil melts nicely. Once melted pour the coconut into the cake mould on the date and nut mixture and make sure to press it down well so that it all sticks together.
- Place in the freezer for a couple of hours until it has firmed up
- Last but definitively not the least, is the chocolate layer made by melting raw chocolate with a bit of coconut milk. Once melted, let it cool down for a couple of minutes and then spread it all over the cake.
- Let it set for 15 mins in the fridge and devour!
How lush is this Bounty Cake recipe? All that is left is to close your eyes and take a piece and float away on a bounty scented cloud….Here is a video for you to watch how this beauty is made.
As with all my recipes, this is a treat, so eat with moderation and do not scoff all the cake by yourself! Make sure you pin this bounty cake recipe too!
As always please, if you make this recipe share it with me either on my Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts
Petra / Be Healthy Now
Omg, this looks amazing! I love everything coconut as well and need to try making this sometime in the future.
Petra, I won't lie, it is amazing, I ate three massive slices!!! Hedi xx
Lorna (Naturally Bee)
I found some emergency dates I'd hidden at the back of the fridge so the bounty cake is now IN THE FREEZER! Final chocolate stage to be completed soon....
I was mixing the filling and laughing like an evil cartoon villain to myself because it looked SO DAMN GOOD!!! (No, actually, I was, like a total freak!)
I can't wait to taaaaste it!!!!!
Lorna | naturally-bee.blogspot.co.uk |
hahahahaha this made me laugh Lorna, love that you love the cake as much as I do. I think one day coconut party should take place, because I am all over coconut now. Hedi xxx
Well mine is in the freezer right now.....not convinved it's going to look as good as that one 🙁
Ruth, it is not the look, it is the taste that matters the most 🙂 Hedi xxx
I made this last night, and it tastes delicious... But the coconut layer is really crumbly and doesn't hold together very well, is there anything I could add next time to make it more moist? Thanks
Hello Joanne, did you use tinned coconut milk? If crumbly I would add more milk to help to stick together or touch of honey Hedi xxx
I recommend your website to my friend and before I managed to try one of your recepies she brought me a slice of this cake! Amazing!!!!
Hahaha this is so funny and makes me very happy Aneta. Thank you so much for sharing this with me. Hope you enjoyed the cake. Hedi xxx
Heidi, finally made my own cake and turned out to be as tasty as my friend's.
Hello Hedi! I found this recipe off Pinterest and thought it'd be perfect for my family Christmas party, seeing as everyone has different tastes and lifestyles but they'd all appreciate this. I only ran into one problem.. this calls for tree nuts as a base/crust, which my brother is highly allergic to and if I tried to use graham crackers as a substitute, my sister couldn't eat this delicious looking dish since she is gluten intolerant.. would you recommend any other way to possibly make this appropriate for everyone? Thank you in advance 🙂
Hello Tegan, thank you for lovely comment. How about seeds? Is your brother allergic to seeds? You could use them instead. That way your sister could eat it too because seeds are gluten - free. Do you think this could work? Or how about gluten- free oatcakes? Hedi xxx
Thank you so much for replying! Seeds would work perfect, I didn't even think of them.. I imagine sesame seeds are the best route. Here's to hoping!
Sorry if I stupidly missed this but what size cake mould is best please?
And the size of a bar of chocolate? Sorry, not used to American recipes! Thank you!
Hello Dee, I am not American, live in UK 🙂 I used 100 grams raw chocolate bar. Hope this helps. Hedi xx
Thank you! And what size cake tin do you use? Can't wait to try these! Xx
Round one, 20 cm big. Hedi xxx
Fab, thank you ? xx
I made that cake yesterday and oh.my.god.
I love it!!!! (and my boyfriend too!!) thank you soooo much! Love your blog!!
greetings from Germany
Thank you so much for your lovely comment Tatite, made my day! Hedi xxx
How many ounces is a cup?
Hiii...this looks amazing...one questio ...can a light version of coconut milk be good as well?
Yes you can, but full fat is always better 🙂 Hedi xxx
Hi Heidi, cake is in the freezer now - for how many hours does it have to be there? Can't wait to try it! ?
Not too long, literally til the chocolate sets, which takes 30 min. Let me know if you liked it and post me a photo please Ioana. Hedi xxx
Hay heidi jusr wondering fo u have a youtube channel because if u dont I recommed that u make one ?
awww thank you Maya!!!! Hedi xxx
I am so glad you made this post! I tried this out for the first time last weekend for a BBQ (only vegan there, and EVERYONE loves cake but were on a diet!). I done this recipe but without the desiccated coconut 🙁 only because I couldn't find any in my local shop.
ERMMMMERRRGAARRRDDDDDD - I was in awe when eating this, and everyone at the BBQ were put off the fact it was vegan... rest assured though, they all tried it AND LOVED IT!!! Even the ones on diets tried it (because lets face it, it isn't really that naughty!!!
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!
Awwww Lucy, your comment made my day! Thanks so much and I am thrilled that they loved it!! Vegan all the way 🙂 xxxx
I made this! It's really good, I used normal coconut milk instead of tinned one and it came up a bit crumbly but still.. It's a great sweet having to be on the fodmap diet with all this restrictions!
I was wondering if there is some substitute for dates as for me it's recommended to avoid this.
I'm on a fodmap diet, also gluten free and dairy free.
Thank you for posting this recipe!
Hello Mia, try raisins, figs or prunes, they all should work. So happy you enjoyed it. Hedi xxx
Hello! So excited to make this for a family late holiday party tomorrow....Can you tell me what RAW chocolate might be??? is that like baking chocolate? (probably not vegan.) do i need to get this at the health food store?
Raw chocolate is the best and vegan, but you can use any dark chocolate lovely, just watch the sugar content. Hedi xxx
Hey can use honey as a subsistence for the dates
Never tried lovely, but worry that it will not set, the texture wont be good enough xxx
When you say cups, how much is a cup in grams please! So excited to try this recipe!
Hi could I sub dates for prunes (I know have prunes and so I can make it straight away ??) can't wait to try it either way ?
Yes, you could try , however they might not work as well lovely. Hedi xx
Hi Hedi would the chocolate layer work with 81% dark chocolate on top? Would like to make this today. Thanks so much! X
Just made this, it is delicious, even my husband likes it.
How long will this cake keep in the fridge once it has been made? I would like to make it in advance of a dinner party and not just to do it on the day.
Up to a week Mary. Hope your guests will love it as much as I do. Let me know x x x