December is here, so we can officially use Christmas emojis and play Christmas songs. I am a bit overwhelmed what Christmas recipe to create first but today I am sharing with you my clean eating After Eight bites recipe. This was one of the most requested ones, so lets get making!
Before I share the recipe I want to update you with what has been happening in my life. After my return from Tenerife, I had a couple of quiet days dedicated to new recipe creation and working on my products.
Now let's go back to this clean eating After Eight bites recipe. As always simple and affordable ingredients are the main keys. Almonds and shredded coconut, raw chocolate and some maple syrup, that's all you need to re-create your traditional After Eights. I mean the taste and texture is not the same, but I dare say it is pretty close. Just make these and see for yourself.
Here's the clean eating After Eight bites recipe
- 50 grams of blanched flaked or whole almonds (or raw cashews)
- 30 grams of shredded unsweetened coconut
- 50 ml of pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon of softened coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon of pure peppermint extract
- 100 grams of raw chocolate or good quality dark chocolate
- In a food processor, combine the blanched almonds, shredded coconut and process until it looks like fine sand.
- Add the maple syrup, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and peppermint extract and process it until it looks like a sticky lump. Taste and add more maple syrup if needed. Try not to eat the entire batch of filling before making the patties!
- Using a ½ tablespoon measure, form small patties and stick it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden up.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate along with a tablespoon of coconut oil in a microwave or a double boiler.
- Take the chilled peppermint flavored patties and dip one of them in melted chocolate. Lift it using a fork and let the excess chocolate drip back in the bowl. Place in parchment or a silicon pad lined baking tray.
- Chill the chocolate covered mint patties to harden a bit. Enjoy as a guilt free, after dinner treat!
How easy is this clean eating After Eight recipe? I mean making lovely clean treats doesn't get easier or tastier than this. Make sure you check my other new Christmas recipes, Rocky Road, Mince pies or Gingerbread man recipe.