Today ‘s recipe is back to keeping it simple and budget friendly. This clean eating chocolate oaty squares recipe literally calls for 5 ingredients and I am pretty sure you have all of them in your cupboard! Go and look and come back and let’s get making and baking.
They are perfect for your kid's packed lunch, breakfast on the go or an afternoon pick me up.They are packed full of fibre and slow release carbs, which should help to keep you full for longer and regular.
Of course these are fully plant-based and if you use gluten - free oats they will be completely gluten-free.
How Do You Make Chocolate Oat Squares
You know all my recipes, they are all super simple and these squares are no different. You will need a blender, pop all the ingredients in it, then blend, then pour the mixture in your baking tin and then bake. Done!
- Bananas - as ripe as possible. The spotty ones are the best
- Oats - simple rolled oats, or porridge oats
- Almond milk - I love almond milk, but you can use any milk you currently have in your fridge
- Maple Syrup - any sweetener is good, make sure it's a liquid sweetener. It helps to bind all the ingredients together while adding a touch of sweetness
- Cocoa Powder - to make it chocolatey. If using cacao powder add a bit less, otherwise it might turn it a bit bitter
More Healthy Chocolate Recipes
- Healthy Chocolate Flapjack
- Chocolate Roasted Chickpeas
- Chocolate Hummus
- Chocolate Granola
- Chocolate Banana Bread
Here's the clean eating chocolate oaty squares recipe
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 2 cups oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 3 tbsp raw cacao (or more if you like a stronger chocolate flavour)
- ¼ cup maple syrup or any favourite sweetener
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk or other favourite milk.
- Preheat the oven to 170C and grease your baking dish with coconut oil or line with baking paper.
- Add all of the ingredients into your blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and pop in the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt or slices of fresh fruit.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week
How super easy are these chocolate oaty squares?