I'm kicking off the week with this creamy cauliflower soup that's hearty, easy to prepare and comforting. This delicious vegan roasted cauliflower soup is perfect for these cooler nights that have started to creep in, and it can be meal prepped for warming lunches too!
I can no longer imagine life without cauliflower...perfect as a side dish, in a curry, in a stew, made into a steak or even in porridge, this is the most versatile vegetable I have ever used. And this roasted vegan cauliflower soup is just another excellent way to utilize this amazing vegetable!
This cauliflower vegan soup is healthy, delicious and made with basic wholesome ingredients. I love adding a bit of colour and texture, so I topped it with sliced almonds, pomegranates, a drizzle of good extra virgin olive oil and some fresh coriander.
It's also an absolute breeze to make! Just a little chopping, throw everything in the oven, and then blend - and you're done! It couldn't be easier.
Creamy Cauliflower Soup Ingredients
This vegan cauliflower soup only calls for a few simple ingredients. And there's no need for any milk or cream to be added - the vegetables do all the work!
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 Cauliflower - chopped into florets
- 2 Potatoes - chopped into chunks
- 3 cloves of garlic - with the skin on
- Lemon juice
- Vegetable stock
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
How to make Vegan Potato Cauliflower Soup
Preheat your oven to 200C/400F
Put the cauliflower florets, potato chunks and garlic into a large bowl and add the olive oil, and spices. Make sure everything is well seasoned.
Transfer everything to a roasting pan and bake for around 20-25 minutes or until the cauliflower is slightly brown and the potatoes are cooked.
Once done, put aside a few cauliflower florets to use as a garnish later.
Remove the skin of the garlic and put everything into a blender along with the stock and lemon juice. Pulse until completely smooth and creamy.
Taste and adjust the seasoning. If the soup is too thick add a touch of almond milk or water.
Top with cauliflower florets, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, pomegranates and fresh coriander
What to Serve with Roasted Cauliflower Potato Soup
This vegan soup makes a lovely starter or main dish on its own, or you can serve it up with some freshly made garlic bread, vegan pitta bread, a toasted sandwich, or some yummy sweet potato fries.
How to Store this Vegan Cauliflower Soup Recipe
Make this roasted cauliflower soup in advance and enjoy as a warm lunch or quick dinner at any time!
It will store well in the fridge for 4-5 days in an airtight container, or in the fridge for 2-3 months.
When you're ready to heat it up, just pop it into a pot on the stove and warm gently. Or if you're at work, just put it in the microwave for a minute or two.
Try these other tasty vegan soups too:
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 medium size potatoes, chopped into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, skin on for roasting
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 pint of vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: roasted cauliflower florets, pomegranates, extra virgin olive oil and fresh coriander
- Preheat your oven to 200C / 400F
- Put the cauliflower florets, potato chunks and garlic into a large bowl and add the olive oil, and spices. Make sure everything is well seasoned.
- Transfer everything to a roasting pan and bake for around 20-25 minutes or until the cauliflower is slightly brown and the potatoes are cooked.
- Put aside a few cauliflower florets to use as a garnish later.
- Remove the skin of the garlic and put everything into a blender along with the stock and lemon juice. Pulse until completely smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning. If the soup is too thick add a touch of almond milk or water.
- Top with cauliflower florets, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, pomegranates and fresh coriander.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 308Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 664mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 9gSugar: 22gProtein: 7g
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.