These Healthy Reese's peanut butter cups are delicious, easy and made with only 5 ingredients. All you need is peanut butter, cacao or cocoa powder, coconut oil, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt!
These peanut butter cups are truly delicious and much more healthier than the original version. The only danger is they are very easy to make and then very easily and very quickly eaten, so don't say I haven't warned you.
About This Healthy Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
If you like peanut butter and chocolate, you're going to love this recipe. I make these at least once a month. These homemade peanut butter cups are so much better than the shop-bought versions. You use a good quality peanut butter, cocoa, coconut oil and to sweeten them up a good measure of maple syrup. Now compare this with the original version.
Ingredients for Healthy Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Here is your shopping list for these amazing peanut butter cups. You will need the following:
- Peanut Butter – Make sure nothing is added. You only want peanuts and that's it. Runny peanut butter is the best.
- Coconut Oil– Same as above, 100% coconut oil with nothing else. You will need it for both the chocolate and peanut butter layers.
- Maple Syrup – Maple syrup is my all time favourite sweetener, but feel free to use any other sweetener of your choice.
- Cocoa Powder/ Cacao – Cacao is stronger that cocoa so use a bit less. If using cocoa powder make sure it is unsweetened.
- Salt – Salt is a must, it brings out all the flavours.
Tips for Making this Recipe
- Not a fan of peanut butter? Use almond, hazelnut or cashew nut butter
- Allergic to nuts? Try tahini
- No maple syrup? Date syrup, agave or any other sweetener works well too
- Store this peanut butter cups in the freezer for up to a month
More Delicious Cups
- White Chocolate Cups with Chocolate Filling
- Dark Chocolate Cups with Strawberry Sauce
- Peanut Butter Jelly Cups
- 1 cup peanut butter (smooth and runny)
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil (raw virgin coconut oil is the best)
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup (or any other sweetener)
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or any other sweetener)
- Start with the base by combinging all ingredients in a pot on a low heat.
- Once all melted and smooth divide the mixture between the silicone muffin cases and pop in the freezer to set for 15 minutes.
- Now make the topping by combining all the ingredients in a small pot
- Take the base out of the freezer and pour the top layer over it.
- Make sure you divide it equally
- Pop in the freezer to set for an hour
- Enjoy straight from the freezer or leave to thaw for 10 minutes