These are basically oats soaked in liquid, any liquid in fact, but the most delicious and creamy ones are plant based milk such as rice milk, almond milk, coconut milk or soya milk. You only need a nice jar, or a glass and a few delicious ingredients.
As the name suggests you make them the evening before, leave them to set over night and devour first thing in the morning. Isn't it the best feeling waking up knowing the breakfast is already waiting for you...
They will keep you ticking over 'till lunch time or definitely for the following 3 hours or so. I used peanut butter, but feel free to swap this for almond or cashew nut butter or tahini in case you are allergic to nuts.
Here's the overnight oats recipe
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup of your favourite milk, I used Provamel rice and coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter, you can use smooth too, I just like a bit of a crunch
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 heaped teaspoon honey
- 1 cup white yogurt, I used Provamel Sugar Free
- Crushed nuts
- Coconut syrup
- Desiccated coconut
- Ground raw cacao nibs
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and leave in the fridge overnight
- In the morning get two jars and divide the oat mixture into 4 equal parts.
- Place one part on the bottom of each jar, add yogurt and then the remaining part of the oat mixture.
- Top up with your toppings and devour immediately.
...and there you have it, simple and clean oats. I am sure you will love these, but please let me know if I am wrong.