I am sure by now you all have heard of 2-ingredients healthy banana oats cookies recipe. Well if you haven’t then read on because I promise to you baking doesn’t get easier than this. The whole family will love them. And if you have children get them involved in the making, there won’t be too much of a mess.These cookies are incredibly versatile and with ZERO, I repeat ZERO added sugar. Just make sure the banana is overripe with loads of brown speckles. Below are only a few examples how you can change the recipe by adding different 3rd or 4th ingredients such as chia seeds, nuts, raw cocoa, dried cranberries, apricots or raisins. Just let your creativity flow.Mine are just topped up with Pistachio paste from The Nut Kitchen and Coconut Cacao Jam from Coconut Merchant. Then I added raspberries and sprinkled it with some desiccated coconut
Here’s the banana oats cookies recipe
- 1 large very ripe banana ( the one with brown spots all over it)
- 1 cup oats (any type of oats will work)
- Extras are optional
- ½ cup of either chia seeds, cranberries, dark chocolate chips, raisins, apricots, nuts,seeds or mix them all together.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
- Put oats in blender or food processor and blend until oats become the consistency of flour. ( you can keep whole oats too)
- Mash up the banana and in large bowl mix with oats until smooth.
- Add in ½ cup of your favorite add in.
- Grease baking tray with coconut oil or line with baking paper.
- Drop dough by large tablespoons onto cookie sheet; flatten a bit with a spatula.
- Bake for 12 -15 minutes or until cookies are brown at the bottom
- Remove from oven and let cool down completely
- Add your favourite toppings and enjoy!
Here’s a video recipe for you too for this recipe