I seriously hope you like coconut, coconut milk and coconut oil, because there is a whole lot of coconut happening today, A bounty cake made with raw chocolate, coconut milk, some nuts and a bit of love? Yes, we are doing this, so if you are not a Bounty lover (what??) scroll down to the next recipe!
This is heaven in a dish! After the tremendous (I like this word) success of my Protein Bounty balls and Bounty slices here comes the king of Bountyland aka Bounty cake!
Now can (please) all my male readers skip the next sentence, but ladies !! this is the cure to your PMS, mood swings, cravings, tiredness, random tears, it cures it all. Tested….. Guaranteed results!
This is not a real cake, it’s a kind of pie or maybe a tart, but it is the real thing, 7 ingredients, no gimmicks, no chemicals, just pure deliciousness and seriously addictive. Brilliant for parties, birthdays or to serve to somebody who doesn’t know what clean eating is and how good it can be! No baking required, only a bit of food processing here, a bit of warming up there and loads of bounty love everywhere. And yes! This bounty cake is allowed on the 3 Month Clean eating challenge, but not after 4 pm .
Here’s the bounty cake recipe
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 cup dates, soaked
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (not melted)
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup tinned coconut milk (make sure no chemicals added, I like Biona or Coconut Merchant)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil ( not melted)
- Optional: 1 tbsp raw date syrup
- Chocolate layer:
- 1 bar raw chocolate (size depends on how thick you want to have the chocolate layer)
- 3 tbsp tinned coconut milk
- Start by soaking your dates in hot water for approximately 15 min.
- In the meantime gear up your food processor and pop in the nuts and process . I like it a bit chunky, but the texture is up to you.
- Next add dates, coconut oil and desiccated coconut and combine until you get a chunky, sticky dough.
- Get your round cake mould and transfer all the mixture to it pressing down firmly. Place in the freezer to set and harden
- Next up is the coconut filling. Place all the ingredients in a pot and gently heat up. DON’T cook it, just warm it up so the coconut oil melts nicely. Once melted pour the coconut into the cake mould on the date and nut mixture and make sure to press it down well so that it all sticks together.
- Place in the freezer for a couple of hours until it has firmed up
- Last but definitively not the least, is the chocolate layer made by melting raw chocolate with a bit of coconut milk. Once melted, let it cool down for a couple of minutes and then spread it all over the cake.
- Let it set for 15 mins in the fridge and devour!
All that is left is to close your eyes and take a piece and float away on a bounty scented cloud….
As with all my recipes, this is a treat, so eat with moderation and do not scoff all the cake by yourself!