December is here, so we can officially use Christmas emojis and play Christmas songs. I am a bit overwhelmed what Christmas recipe to create first but today I am sharing with you my clean eating After Eight bites recipe. This was one of the most requested ones, so lets get making!
Before I share the recipe I want to update you with what has been happening in my life. After my return from Tenerife where I filmed this fab promo movie for the stunning Pearly Ocean Club, I had a couple of quiet days dedicated to new recipe creation and working on my products. I am now a proud co-owner of the Natural KItchen Company Co. making healthier treats and snacks. I love it so much. I mainly sell locally here in Essex, but soon I will share some products with you. I have also been working on Helo Health clean eating seminars which will be small, face to face events dedicated to clean eating, fitness and beauty. I am so excited. I would actually love to go out and tell people how easy and tasty eating clean and healthy is.
Last week I went to a live cooking demonstration with Giancarlo Caldesi. You can read all about it here, I even created a vlog! Have a watch here. Do you like vlogs? Shall I do more? Let me know!
Now let’s go back to this clean eating After Eight bites recipe. As always simplicity and affordable ingredients are the main keys. Almonds and shredded coconut, raw chocolate and some maple syrup, that’s all you need to re-create your traditional After Eights. I mean the taste and texture is not the same, but I dare say it is pretty close. Just make these and see for yourself.
Here’s the clean eating After Eight bites recipe
- 50 grams of blanched flaked or whole almonds (or raw cashews)
- 30 grams of shredded unsweetened coconut
- 50 ml of pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon of softened coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon of pure peppermint extract
- 100 grams of raw chocolate or good quality dark chocolate
- In a food processor, combine the blanched almonds, shredded coconut and process until it looks like fine sand.
- Add the maple syrup, 1 tbsp of coconut oil and peppermint extract and process it until it looks like a sticky lump. Taste and add more maple syrup if needed. Try not to eat the entire batch of filling before making the patties!
- Using a ½ tablespoon measure, form small patties and stick it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden up.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate along with a tablespoon of coconut oil in a microwave or a double boiler.
- Take the chilled peppermint flavored patties and dip one of them in melted chocolate. Lift it using a fork and let the excess chocolate drip back in the bowl. Place in parchment or a silicon pad lined baking tray.
- Chill the chocolate covered mint patties to harden a bit. Enjoy as a guilt free, after dinner treat!
As always please, if you make this recipe share it with me either on my Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts