Apple Pie Overnight Oats are the perfect make-ahead breakfast recipe. They have have a lovely cinnamon flavour and are made with easy ingredients. The best part about this recipe is that you make them in the evening and eat them first thing in the morning, so more time for you to get ready for work.
What Are Overnight Oats?
Overnight oats are a delicious, quick and filling breakfast made by soaking porridge oats in milk or any liquid overnight in the fridge.
They’re simple to make with no cooking required and perfect for when you need an easy make-ahead breakfast or snack on the go.
Starting your day with a satisfying meal means you are less likely to reach for the snacks before lunch. Oats are brilliant in so many ways: they are a whole grain loaded with vitamins and fibre, so good for keeping you regular 🙂
How To Make Overnight Oats
You basically mix all the ingredients in a jar or a bowl, pop it in the fridge to set overnight and eat straight away in the morning. Yes, it is that simple.
Apple Pie Overnight Oats Ingredients:
- Oats - Use traditional porridge or rolled oats. For a gluten-free version opt out for certified gluten free oats. Instant/quick oats don’t work the same because they don’t absorb liquid the same way traditional/rolled oats do.
- Apples - I used whatever apple I had in my fruit basket, there is no preference. Just make sure it is cored first and then grated.
- Chia Seeds - Chia seeds play an important part in this recipe. If you don’t have chia seeds you can use ground flax seeds, but be aware the texture won't be the same.
- Yoghurt - Yoghurt gives overnight oats an extra creamy texture while adding a bit of protein too. Any plain white yoghurt is fine. Make sure there is no sugar added or any flavourings.
- Maple Syrup - No maple syrup? Try date or coconut nectar! You can even skip this if you’re trying to cut out sugar altogether.
- Milk: I have used my homemade oat milk, but any kind of milk will work such as almond, coconut or soya.
- Cinnamon and Vanilla Extract - They all add lovely flavours and make it taste more like an apple pie
- Salt – a pinch of sea salt brings out all the flavours.
Apple Pie Overnight Oats Instructions:
Once you’ve got all of your ingredients together, all you need to do is mix it and then let the magic happen in the fridge! For the best result leave it there overnight, but you can eat it even after a couple of hours.
I love using peanut butter jars for serving. I make it all in a bowl, let it set and then in the morning divide between 2 jars. Once mixed together, place into the fridge covered, for at least 2 hours, or for best results, overnight.
How Long Do Overnight Oats Last?
In the fridge for up to 4 days. The texture will change the longer you leave it, so they are best eaten the next day.
- ½ cup oats
- 1 apple, cored and grated
- 1 cup oat milk
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup plain white yoghurt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or sweetener of your choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and combine well together
- Place in the fridge to set overnight or for at least 2 hours
- In the morning divide between 2 jars, drizzle on some extra maple syrup and add crushed walnuts and apple chunks for added crunch and flavour
If you prefer to warm your oats, do so before you add the apple and nuts