If you love banana bread in any shape or form you are in the right place. Today I am sharing with you my healthy banana bread overnight oats recipe. It's delicious, completely vegan and ready in 5 minutes.
What are overnight oats?
Overnight oats are exactly what is says on the tin: you mix oats with your favourite ingredients such as milk, chia seeds, yoghurt and a sweetener of choice, pop it in a jar or a bowl , and place in the fridge overnight.
In the morning you top it up with your favourite toppings such as nuts or fruit and enjoy it. The magic happens overnight when the oats soak up all the flavours, so you don't have to do anything in the morning.
You can also take it with you and enjoy as a breakfast on the go. It is nutritious, healthy and very indulgent breakfast done in less than 5 minutes.
Ingredients Needed for Healthy Banana Overnight Oats
- Oats - normal porridge oats are the best because the soak up all the liquid. If you need gluten-free version please use gluten-free oats.
- Banana - of course! The spotty ones are the best
- Chia Seeds - they have no taste and create a gel film around them, so you do not taste them at all in any of your meals. They are classified as superfood because they are full of minerals, vitamins, protein, fiber and antioxidants...so why not eat them at least once a day!
- Milk - I used rice milk, because I had one open in the fridge, but any milk works well
- Yoghurt - I used soya, but coconut or almond yoghurt works well too. I added yoghurt to make it more creamy.
- Maple syrup - this is optional, it works well without it too, but if you have a proper sweet tooth add a teaspoon. Any other sweeteners will work equally well.
- Cinnamon - this is a must, you can have banana bread without cinnamon, so don't skip this ingredient.
- Vanilla Extract - this is optional, you don't have to , but if you do it adds such a yummy flavour
How Long Do You Need to Soak Overnight Oats ?
I always make overnight oats the night before. However, they will be ready to eat in about 4-5 hours so if you want some for lunch or afternoon snack you can make a jar in the morning.
You can double up this recipe and keep them in the fridge until ready to be eaten. This is a fabulous meal prep recipe.
More Overnight Oats Recipes to Try:
- Strawberry Overnight Oats
- Apple Pie Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- Orange and Chocolate Overnight Oats
So here's the healthy banana bread overnight oats recipe
How gorgeous is this healthy banana bread overnight oats recipe?
I love banana bread everything like me , I have the healthy banana bread recipe, blueberry banana bread but also a chocolate banana bread and clean banana bread made with buckwheat flour. Life is gudddddddd!
- 1 cup oats
- 1.5 cup rice milk
- ½ banana, mashed
- ½ banana, sliced (for toppings)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp plain white yoghurt
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Cinnamon, crushed pecans, touch of maple syrup
- Mash ½ a banana in a medium sized bowl and then add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and then place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning divide between 2 jars and then top with banana slices, crushed pecans and sprinkle of cinnamon.
- If feeling extra special add drizzle of maple syrup
- Devour immediately