When life gives you cucumber and lemons, make cucumber lemonade! It's easy to make and you only need 3 main ingredients!
There's nothing better than a cool glass of my cucumber lemonade on a hot day or even when it's not too hot and you just fancy something refreshing.
This lemonade is so quick and simple to create, but best of all…it's bursting with fresh, clean and a bit of a zesty flavour.
CUCUMBER LEMONADE INGREDIENTS:
To make this homemade cucumber lemonade recipe, you will need these simple ingredients:
- Cucumber: Fresh young green cucumbers only. You can leave the skin on or peel it off. I leave it on, always making sure I give it a good wash and scrub.
- Lemons: Fresh lemons are the star ingredients. No shortcuts please such as juice concentrates, they are too strong and don't taste very nice
- Maple Syrup: I used maple syrup simply because I love the flavour but any natural sweetener will work well
- Water: I recommend using plain and sparkling water. Make sure you are using cold water, especially if you plan on serving this cucumber lemonade straight away
- Fresh Mint: This is optional but works a treat. Brings all the flavours together and gives it fresh, summery flavours.
- Add Ons: To make it a bit spicy I sometimes add a pinch of cayenne pepper. I have made this with rosemary and I really liked it, but be warned it might be an acquired taste for you
HOW TO MAKE CUCUMBER LEMONADE:
To make a cucumber lemonade, simply…
- Blend. Add the cucumber, cold tap water, lemon juice, maple syrup, and a sprig of fresh mint to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Strain. Strain the mixture into a pitcher/jug
- Serve. Topped with sparkling water and add in some cucumber and lemon slices , plus fresh mint
If you like this lemonade, you might like these:
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe
- 1 cucumber, washed and chopped into small cubes
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or more if you want it sweeter)
- 500 ml cold tap water
- 500 ml sparkling water (nothing added)
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh Mint
- Get a blender and place in the chopped cucumber, maple syrup, lemon juice, salt and cold tap water
- Blend until you get a smooth mixture
- Strain it through a fine sieve into a tall pitcher or a jug
- Add the sparkling water and stir to combine
- Add a few slices of cucumber, lemon and some fresh mint
- Taste and add more maple syrup if needed
- Serve and top with ice cubes
You can use lime instead of lemon. Please drink on the same day, the flavours won't be the same next day