Today you have got juicy grilled peaches with homemade vanilla ice cream. The perfect summer treat loved by everyone and suitable for vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo diets.
I try to keep my recipes as seasonal as possible, although I never claim to be perfect with that – we just have to do the best we can sometimes. However, in the summer months you can always guarantee there are lots of salads and ice cream being eaten in our house.
This delicious treat is packed full of flavours I love right now and best of all, it is soooooooo easy to make. Bonus is that these grilled peaches with homemade vanilla ice cream are colourful, full of easy everyday ingredients, and not expensive at all. To make it extra special don't forget to add a generous sprinkle of Snacking Essentials Almonds. I am their proud ambassador and recipe developer and can't recommend them enough.
The vanilla ice cream is basically frozen bananas, touch of your favourite milk and a good quality vanilla extract. All you do is add the frozen bananas to a food processor and process until smooth. Add in the milk and vanilla extract and blend until incorporated. Let it all set in the freezer.
How to make Grilled peaches with homemade vanilla ice cream
- 3 peaches
- 2 tbsp Snacking Essentials flaked almonds
- Coconut Oil
- For the vanilla ice cream
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp almond milk or any milk of your choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: Chocolate sauce
- First roast the flaked almonds slightly in the oven; 10 minutes on 200 degrees
- Now time for the ice cream; add all the ingredients to a blender and process until completely smooth and creamy
- Scoop the ice cream out of the blender and place in the freezer to firm up for 30 minutes
- Next cut peaches along the seam all the way around and twist halves off the pit.
- Brush the cut sides with coconut oil.
- Heat a grill pan over a medium heat and cook the peaches cut side down for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Top with vanilla ice cream and a generous sprinkle of the roasted flaked almonds
I mean who doesn’t love an easy, quick dessert for the hot summer months that will wow your guests! If you liked this recipe make sure you try my Pina Colada Ice Cream, divine Peanut Butter Ice Lollies or the very popular Frozen Yoghurt Slices.