Attention please! If you are looking for moist, easy and healthy banana chocolate chip muffins scroll no more! Fluffy, tender, healthy banana chocolate chip muffins made with oats, cinnamon, bananas, and a good handful of chocolate chips. They are insanely good!
This is a sponsored post with the fabulous Bamix UK. I have worked with them many times before and created loads of delicious and different recipes showing what a good investment this beautiful red helper Bamix Superbox Hand Blender is and in how many different ways it can be used.
I have made all of these yummy and easy recipe with Bamix:
Back to today's recipe. If you loved my Healthy Banana Bread then you’re going to love these healthy banana chocolate chip muffins even more. They’re my family favourite treats and I’m happy to make them because they’re super healthy with no added oil or sugar ♡
Before we get to the full recipe below, here are a few quick notes about the ingredients you will need to make these healthy banana chocolate chip muffins:
- Bananas are naturally sweet and moist. They give the muffins both taste and texture, so make sure you only use ripe bananas. If you are a banana fan, don’t miss my super popular Chocolate Banana Bread, Almond and Banana Muffins , and kids-approved Blueberry Banana Bread
- Milk I used unsweetened plain almond milk in my muffins, but you can use any kind of plant-based milk or cow’s milk that you prefer.
- Nut Butter plays an important role in baking. It is used to replace eggs but also to add flavour and make the muffins more tender. If you want nut-free version, use tahini.
- Oats are used instead of flour. I have used certified gluten-free oats.
- Cinnamon, Vanilla Extract both pair brilliantly with the banana flavour and add warmth.
- Dark Chocolate Chips are just the best, but watch how much sugar they have added in. You can swap them for walnuts, pecans or raisins if you are looking for even healthier version.
- Baking Powder, Baking Soda to help the muffins rise properly
HOW TO MAKE BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS:
Full instructions for how to make these banana chocolate chip muffins are included in the recipe below, but here is a brief overview of the process with a few helpful tips:
- Wet Ingredients - start with them first. Pop them in your food processor and process until completely smooth
- Dry Ingredients - add them to the wet mixture and process again. The batter should be wet but not too liquidy
- Chocolate Chips - fold them into your muffin batter (don't process). If you are looking for a healthier option you can use chopped nuts, raisins, apricots, dates or shredded coconut
- Pour the batter evenly into prepared baking muffin cases and then sprinkle each some extra chocolate chips and some oats
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the muffins comes out clean. Let the muffins cool down completely before devouring one or two or three.
These muffins keep well in the freezer, so make a double batch for easy meal prep and grab & go breakfasts or snacks.
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ cup milk of your choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup nut butter (I used almond butter)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Handful of dark chocolate chips
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and get ready 10 silicone muffin cases.
- Get your SlicySe food processor and add in all the wet ingredients
- Pop the lid on and blend until smooth
- Now add in all the dry ingredients other than the chocolate chips
- Blend again until you get a thick batter consistency
- Fold in the chocolate chips, but don't blend it
- Divide the muffin batter equally between your muffin cases, add few more chocolate chips on top
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until the tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let cool down completely before eating
For nut-free version instead of nut butter use tahini. Tahini is slightly bitter though, so add a tablespoon of your favorite sweetener to the batter.
If you want a healthier version use chopped nuts or dried fruit instead of chocolate chips.