Got a crowd to impress? This beautiful vegan chocolate ganache tart will win everyone over! Naturally gluten-free and super simple to make, it's the ideal make ahead dessert. Plus, you only need 5 ingredients!
I love no bake desserts, they're just so simple, and much more appealing to make in the summertime. Who wants to turn on the oven when it's warm outside?!
They're often better for you too, and this healthy chocolate tart is no exception.
With a delicious nut crust, and a creamy dark chocolate filling, it's just the right combination of textures and flavours.
It takes barely any time to prepare, and it's ideal for anyone following a gluten-free, grain-free, vegan or paleo diet.
As for the toppings - you can make those as fancy or understated as you wish!
The rich, glossy chocolate ganache and gorgeous berries just bring it all together in the sweetest, freshest way! It's just pure, silky, smooth chocolate decadence.
If you're thinking that the texture looks spot on, you are right. Creamy, smooth, yet firm enough to slice easily. It doesn’t melt either so you can leave this beauty out for the entire party!
No Bake Chocolate Tart Ingredients
This gluten-free chocolate tart is made in two parts. First, we'll assemble the base, and then prepare the creamy chocolate filling.
For the nut crust:
- 1.5 cups mixed nuts - coarsely ground in your food processor or blender.
- 1 cup pitted dates - if they're quite hard, soak them for 5 minutes in hot water first.
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder - raw is best for that pure, dark chocolately flavour. But you can use cocoa powder instead if that's what you have on hand. You'll need to add a little more if using cocoa.
For the vegan chocolate ganache filling:
- 200g dark chocolate - any kind is fine. Just make sure it's vegan and gluten-free
- 200ml oat cream - I used oatly "creamy oat". If you can't find/don't have this, almond cream or soy cream would work too.
- Fresh berries
- Fresh mint leaves
- Crushed Nuts
- Toasted coconut
- Shaved chocolate
How to Make this Easy Chocolate Tart Recipe
Start by placing your nuts into a food processor and pulse a few times until they are coarsely ground, then add in the pitted dates and cacao.
Blend until the mixture starts coming together and if needed, add a splash of water.
Spoon the mixture evenly into your tart pan lined with cling film. Make sure you press it tightly onto the base and into the edges to form a crust (wet your fingers a bit, it does help a lot).
Pop in the fridge for an hour to firm up.
Next, make the beautiful chocolate filling by heating the oat cream in a small pan until it comes to the boil. Take off the heat, add in the chocolate and stir until the chocolate is completely melted and folded into the cream.
Let it cool down for a few minutes before carefully pouring evenly into the tart crust; Jiggle the tart pan gently to help flatten it out.
Pop the vegan chocolate tart back in the fridge to set for an hour, but preferably two.
Gently remove the tart from the tart tin, decorate with fresh berries, crushed nuts and fresh mint leaves before serving.
If you have any oat cream left over, you can pour some on top when you serve it.
How to Store Your Dairy-Free Chocolate Tart
Once set in the fridge, your chocolate tart will be fine at room temperature for a few hours without worrying about it melting. But for a firmer tart, store it in the fridge where it will stay good for several days.
Other Ways to Serve This Gluten-Free Chocolate Tart
I love the freshness of serving this no bake tart with beautiful seasonal berries. But if you want to whip up this wonderful vegan dessert when berries aren't in season, consider the following toppings instead:
- Whipped coconut cream
- Crushed nuts
- Shaved chocolate
- Berry coulis
- Toasted coconut flakes
- Freeze dried berries
Other no bake vegan desserts to try:
Vegan chocolate tart recipe
A vegan chocolate tart recipe that only requires 5 ingredients! It's naturally gluten-free and paleo friendly too.
- 1.5 cup mixed nuts (I used almond, cashew and brazil)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 heaped tablespoon cacao powder (If using cocoa powder add a touch more)
Chocolate ganache filling
- 200g dark chocolate
- 200ml oat cream (or other plant-based cream)
- Berries, fresh mint leaves and crushed nuts
- Start by placing your nuts into a food processor and pulse a few times until they are coarsely ground, then add the pitted dates and cacao.
- Blend until the mixture starts coming together and if needed, add a splash of water.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into your tart pan lined with cling film. Make sure you press it tightly onto the base and into the edges to form a crust (wet your fingers a bit, it does help a lot).
- Pop in the fridge for an hour to firm up.
- Next, make the chocolate ganache filling by heating the oat cream in a small pan until it comes to the boil. Take off the heat, add in the chocolate and stir until completely melted.
- Let it cool down for a couple of minutes before carefully pouring evenly into the tart crust; Jiggle the tart pan gently to help flatten it out.
- Pop back in the fridge to set for an hour, but preferably two.
- Gently remove the tart from the tart tin, decorate with fresh berries, crushed nuts and fresh mint leaves before serving.
- If you have a bit of oat cream left, pour some over before serving!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 339Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 6gSugar: 21gProtein: 7g
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
As always please, if you make this recipe share it with me either on my Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts
I made this for a friends birthday. It sounded good on paper but I will say we were all a little suspect if it would work. However, to our great surprise everyone loved it! Just a delightful, yummy treat.
Would highly recommend everyone give this a go!
Thank you so much for sharing this terrific recipe.
Kerry this has made my day Kerry! ❤️❤️❤️