Sometimes you fancy something sweet and good, but don't exactly fancy baking. Or simply sometimes there is just not enough time. In both cases, these sports energy balls are the ideal option to drive away the cravings for sweets and still enjoy a healthy snack full of protein. Just a few ingredients and a delicious result is born!
I called these sports energy balls because I have them regularly on my long runs, or as a post run treat. I used dates as a base, because they help to fuel me through my run, plus the contain loads of other vitamins and nutrients. I also used Snacking Essentials cashews, and sunflower seeds because they are just quality. I am their proud ambassador and recipe developer and can’t recommend them enough.Thanks to Matcha powder it offers the needed extra boost, so make them the day before and have super energy packed for the road.
Did I mention that no baking is needed? Just a quick tip...use a food processor – I find this is easier to do in a food processor rather than a blender, but you can use a blender too!
How do you make Sports Energy Balls Recipe?
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 cups dates, chopped
- 1 and ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut,
- ¼ teaspoon Matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- Pulse the nuts and seeds in a food processor for a minute
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until well combined and sticky
- Roll the mixture into balls and then transfer to the fridge to set
- Mix the Matcha powder with desiccated coconut and roll half of the balls in it
- Roll the remaining half in cacao powder
If you liked these Sports Energy Balls give a go to my apricot energy balls, my clean energy balls, carrot protein balls or clean chocolate mint bombs, they are all delicious too!