Grilled Corn Quinoa Salad recipe which comes together in just 30 minutes! It's filling, fresh and packed with delicious flavours and textures. It tastes even better the next day, so make a double batch. Serve for a healthy dinner, lunch or side at summer barbecues and parties.
It comes together in 30 minutes, it’s full of fresh ingredients, and it packs a flavourful punch. It’s also naturally gluten-free and vegan, so that everyone at the table can enjoy it.I hope you love it too!
You can serve it as a main dish, or side dish for any dinner or brunch or top it with a handful of Spicy roasted chickpeas for even more filling meal.
QUINOA IS NUTRIENT DENSE
Quinoa, pronounced KEEN-wah is naturally gluten free, a complete protein source, and just delicious and filling. Did you know that quinoa is nutritionally packed and an excellent substitute for rice?
Quinoa does not belong to the grain family at all! It is a seed and it is part of the chenopod family which also contains spinach, Swiss chard, and beets!
Grilled Corn Quinoa Salad Ingredients:
- Corn - I grilled it on the BBQ but you can get it done in the oven too.
- Quinoa - I used Tri colour quinoa to make it look more fun. 1 cup dry quinoa makes approximately 3 cups cooked
- Mango - Adds a great pop of sweetness
- Tomatoes - The combination of red and orange tomatoes creates wonderful colour and flavour. You can use any tomatoes.
- Avocado – Its creamy texture is fantastic with the other juicy, crunchy veggies and grains
- Spring Onions - For sharp depth of flavour
- Lemon, Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper - There’s no need to make a separate salad dressing when you have these ingredients.
- Fresh coriander – It makes this salad feel fresh and light. Try using fresh mint or basil for variations
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
How To Grill Corn On Hob
First marinate the corn with your favourite spices and some olive oil. Then place the corn on the grill, turning over every few minutes until steaming hot and tender. The corn is ready when charred spots appear and the kernels are plump and soft.
How to make Grilled Corn Quinoa Salad
Making this recipe is a breeze! Just follow these simple steps:
- Before you toss this salad together, you need to grill the corn and cook the quinoa according to the packet instructions
- Chop up all the veggies and mix them in a bowl with lemon juice, salt and pepper
- Add the cooked quinoa and the grilled corn to the bowl with veggies
- Toss it all together, season to perfection with salt and pepper and enjoy!
This is also a great recipe to pack for lunch. On day 2, I like to add a little bit more lemon, an extra pinch of salt and a fresh sprinkle of coriander to make it prettier.
OPTIONS TO ADD TO THIS GRILLED CORN QUINOA SALAD
You can adapt this recipe with your favourite veggies - here are some ideas:
- Sweet Peppers
- Fresh herbs
- Bean such chickpeas, kidney beans or edamame beans
- To Store. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight storage container for up to 1 week.
- Leftovers. Add your favourite protein to this salad for extra filling, protein-packed leftovers (try my Baked Tofu).
If you love this salad recipe…
- 2 corn on the cob
- 1,5 cup quinoa
- 1 ripe mango, roughly chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, roughly chopped
- Handful of red cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful of orange cherry tomatoes
- 2 lemons
- 2 spring onions
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Handful fresh corrander, chopped
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin oil + 1 tablespoon for grilling the corn on the cob
- Marinate the corn in 1 tablespoon olive oil, paprika, salt and pepper for a bit, then pop on the grill until nicely charred. Turn occassionally.
- If you don't have a BBQ going, then use your oven, preheat to 200 degrees and roast in there for around 15 - 20 minutes or until charred; set aside
- Cook the quinoa according to the packet instructions, then leave to cool down a bit
- In a bowl mix together the mango, avocado, tomatoes, and spring onions.
- Toss them with the lemon juice, 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper..Let sit for 5 minutes for the flavours to combine together
- Slice off the kernels carefully with a knife and add them together with the quinoa to the bowl with the veggies.
- Toss it all together, then taste, adjust seasoning and serve with some freshly chopped coriander.