Have you made overnight oats yet? If the answer is no, you have come to the right place because this simple and clean overnight oats recipe is the perfect one to get you started.
These are basically oats soaked in liquid, any liquid in fact, but the most delicious and creamy ones are plant based milk such as rice milk, almond milk, coconut milk or soya milk. You only need a nice jar, or a glass and a few delicious ingredients.
As the name suggests you make them the evening before, leave them to set over night and devour first thing in the morning. Isn’t it the best feeling waking up knowing the breakfast is already waiting for you…
I sometimes just grab the jar, pop in some extra slices of banana, add the lid and take it to work and eat it at my desk while making all my work colleagues jealous.
They will keep you ticking over ’till lunch time or definitely for the following 3 hours or so. I used peanut butter, but feel free to swap this for almond or cashew nut butter or tahini in case you are allergic to nuts.
Here’s the overnight oats recipe
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup of your favourite milk, I used Provamel rice and coconut milk
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter, you can use smooth too, I just like a bit of a crunch
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 heaped tsp honey
- 1 cup white yogurt, I used Provamel Sugar Free
- Crushed nuts
- Coconut syrup
- Desiccated coconut
- Ground raw cacao nibs
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and leave in the fridge overnight
- In the morning get two jars and divide the oat mixture into 4 equal parts.
- Place one part on the bottom of each jar, add yogurt and then the remaining part of the oat mixture.
- Top up with your toppings and devour immediately.
…and there you have it, simple and clean oats. I am sure you will love these, but please let me know if I am wrong.
If you want to experiment a bit more then you must try my strawberry and chocolate sauce overnight oats or overnight oats with berry compote or the divine orange and chocolate overnight oats.