Easy Roasted Broccoli and Quinoa Salad recipe with a creamy tahini lemon dressing making every forkful more delicious than the last, I know you will be making this recipe over and over again.
Slightly spicy, seasonal and, filling, this salad is a wonderful mix of textures and flavour. It’s made with tender stem broccoli, protein packed quinoa, juicy tomatoes, all enhanced with a touch of garlic, chilli and spring onions.
About This Roasted Broccoli and Quinoa Salad
Tenderstem Broccoli is my favourite vegetable and this roasted broccoli recipe is my favourite way to enjoy it. This recipe makes the best tasting broccoli with an amazing texture that is crispy, tender and perfectly seasoned. Plus it is easy to make with only a few ingredients in 20 minutes.
This roasted broccoli salad can last for a good few days in your fridge, meaning that if you make it today, you’ll have a wholesome, healthy lunch or dinner waiting for you. It works as wonderfully as a main as it does part of a summer spread, BBQ or a family picnic.
Do I have to steam broccoli before roasting?
I personally don't steam broccoli before roasting. It literally takes 12 minutes and the taste, the texture and crispiness are far better and tastier than steamed broccoli. However, if you prefer steamed broccoli , just steam the broccoli instead.
You could also pop the broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl with a couple of tablespoons of water and let it cook until tender to bite.
The Ingredients For Roasted Broccoli and Quinoa Salad
The ingredients for this salad recipe are all simple and seasonal which means they are the most nutritious, ripe, vibrant and simply delicious. Here is what you will need:
- Tenderstem Broccoli - You can use normal broccoli or purple sprouting broccoli too.
- Quinoa - Any quinoa is fine, I just love the multicoloured one the most. Makes it all look pretty.
- Spring Onions - Red onion would be also nice or shallots
- Tomatoes - Any tomatoes you have in your fridge
- Garlic, Chilli Flakes, Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper - To make this roasted broccoli salad super flavoursome
- Dressing - You will need tahini, lemon, water, soya sauce and garlic
How Do You Cook Quinoa?
Get a medium size pot and put the quinoa in along with water. The ratio I use is 2 cups of water for 1 cup of quinoa. Cook until the quinoa has absorbed all of the water (around 15 minutes) and switch off the heat. Cover, and let the quinoa sit for another 5 minutes. Then fluff the quinoa up with a fork and serve.
How Do You Make Roasted Broccoli and Quinoa Salad?
It is very simple. Just follow these steps:
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 180°C and get a medium size baking tray
STEP TWO: In the baking tray toss together the broccoli, garlic, spring onions, chilli flakes and olive oil.
STEP THREE: Roast for 15 mins, until golden
STEP FOUR: Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to the pack instructions
STEP FIVE: Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl
STEP SIX: Add the quinoa to the baking tray with the broccoli and add chopped tomatoes
STEP SEVEN: Serve drizzled with the dressing, some extra spring onions or any other fresh herbs
- No Quinoa? Use brown or wild rice or cous-cous. Also you can use pre-cooked quinoa. You will need 250g.
- No Tomatoes? Use radishes, peppers or even carrots
- Don't Like Tahini? Almond or peanut butter work really well too
- Packed Lunch Tip. Do not add the dressing to the salad. Instead drizzle the dressing over the bottom of a container, then add the salad ingredients on top. When you’re ready to enjoy your roasted broccoli salad, shake up the prepared container to toss the ingredients with the dressing.
- Storing. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days. If possible, store your dressing in a separate container.
More Delicious Healthy Salad Recipes:
- Grilled Corn Quinoa Salad
- Chickpea Cucumber Salad with Rocket Pesto
- Healthy Potato Salad
- Cucumber Radish Salad
- Easy Greek Salad
- Blueberry, Quinoa and Avocado Salad
- Healthy White Bean Salad
- Pasta with Broccoli and Basil Pesto
- 1 pack (220g) Tenderstem broccoli, washed and pat dry
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 3 spring onions stalks, chopped
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp tahini, runny
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water (to thin out the dressing, add more if needed)
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and get a medium size baking tray
- In the baking tray toss together the broccoli, garlic, spring onions, chilli flakes and olive oil.
- Roast for 15 mins, until golden
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to the pack instructions
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl
- Add the quinoa to the baking tray with the broccoli and add chopped tomatoes.
- Serve drizzled with the dressing, some extra spring onions or any other fresh herbs