My friends over at Bamix have challenged me to come up with an easy lunch recipe that is done in 15 minutes, so I took on the challenge and here I am with my super easy and healthy avocado pasta.
I think this is just the perfect lunch or dinner when you want some comfort food but still want your greens. Moreover the recipe is so fresh, super quick (15 minutes exactly) and easy (all done with Bamix Superbox Hand Blender). If you want more recipes with Bamix Blender please check out this delicious and hearty Nut Roast or these cute little Party Tartlets with Avocado Hummus.
How do you make easy and healthy avocado pasta?
It's so easy. Basically throw all ingredients in your blender and whip up the sauce while the pasta cooks and voila! Lunch is done. Serve with your favourite pasta or for a lighter option go for half pasta and half zoodles aka courgette/zucchini noodles. The secret to the creaminess is the avocado, so make sure you are using a fully ripe one.
- For the sauce:
- 1 avocado
- 3 cups baby spinach
- Handful basil leaves
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or any milk of your choice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice from ½ lemon or lime
- 200 g pasta of your choice
- ½ punnet of cherry tomatoes
- Optional: Chilli flakes and fresh basil leaves
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions
- While the pasta is cooking make the avocado sauce using Bamix immersion blender or any other blender/food processor
- Pop all the sauce ingredients in and blend until completely smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to taste
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it and pour in the avocado sauce. Add the cherry tomatoes and serve with additional basil leaves, pinch of black pepper or chilli flakes.
And there you have it, easy and healthy avocado pasta, which is not only super good and healthy, but most importantly kids and teenagers approved! If you are after more avocado recipes, give a try to my most popular Avocado, Chickpea and Tomato Toast, my super creamy Avocado Hummus or for your sweet tooth try my Healthy Chocolate Mousse.