This easy egg fried cauliflower rice recipe made with simple ingredients is a crowd-pleasing, low-calorie and low fat midweek lunch or dinner idea. And it doesn't taste like cauliflower at all!
You might not be impressed with the sound of cauliflower rice, but it takes only five minutes to prepare and it is delightfully fluffy and really tasty.
If you haven’t heard about cauliflower rice (also known as cauliflower cous cous) then you must be living under a rock 🙂 because cauliflower rice is currently trending in the health food charts along with courgetti also known as zoodles (peeled courgettes spirulized to look like noodles) and carrotti (carrots spirulized to look like spaghetti).
This recipe serves 2, but I managed to feed one adult, one 5 year old and one teenager. None of them moaned that they were hungry afterwards, so result!
I would lie if I said you won’t taste the difference between your usual egg fried rice and cauliflower egg fried rice, because they are slightly different in texture and flavour.
On the other hand, cauliflower rice has much less calories and is very low in carbs, so perfect for those of you carb cyclers (carb cycling is actually something we will talk about it in another post) or those who don’t want to eat too heavy in the evening.
More Healthy Dinner Recipes
- Easy Sweet Potato and Black Bean Stew
- Quick and Healthy Tagine
- Easy Couscous
- Healthy Vegetable Stew
- One Pot Pasta and Beans
- Healthy Alfredo Pasta
- Healthy Chunky Chickpea Soup
- Healthy Mushroom Stroganoff
Cauliflower can be quite bland in flavour (never in versatility) so make sure you add a lot of your favourite spices and herbs.
I would usually add Tamari soya sauce, but my daughter is not very keen on it, so I omitted it this time and it still tasted great.
If you're wondering what Tamari soya sauce is, well it is a wheat free alternative to your normal soy sauce which means gluten –free (always check the label). I used Meridian Free From Tamari Sauce.
It is darker, richer and naturally salty . If you have loads of spare cauliflowers flying around then you should give a try to my cauliflower buns, your burgers will never be the same again.
Tools Used to Make This Recipe
Here's the egg fried cauliflower rice recipe
- 1 head of cauliflower, grated or you can cheat and buy the already prepared type from Tesco
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Merchant coconut oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- Few slices of red, green and yellow pepper, diced
- Half a punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- Tamari soya sauce (optional)
- Heat coconut oil in a wok or frying pan , add onion and peppers and fry for 3 minutes.
- Next add cherry tomatoes and frozen peas and stir-fry for further 2 minutes.
- Time to add the eggs. Pour the beaten eggs over the veggies and spread around so all the veg is covered. Don’t stir though, just spread gently around. After half a minute or so mix the eggs to create a scrambled texture.
- Add the cauliflower to the wok and fry for another 4 minutes or until the cauliflower is cooked and soft.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and tamari sauce if using it. Enjoy!
Now how easy is this egg fried cauliflower recipe? So so good for you, basic ingredients and delivers on the flavour too! Let me know what you think and make sure you pin this one up too!
Also if you want more recipes or boost your health check out my What is Clean Eating Diet post.