Healthy crushed pea bruschetta recipe is the perfect light lunch or mid-week dinner idea. We should all get more veggies into our diet and this recipe is just perfect, so let's get making!
I get often asked how to get more veggies and fruit in, so before we get onto this gorgeous crushed pea bruschetta recipe I have few ideas to share with you. Aim to get at least 5 portions of fruit and veggies into your diet every day...dried, tinned, fresh or frozen they all count. Just remember to watch the sugars in the tinned or frozen fruits.
Bulk up the basics! Add spinach, broccoli, carrots, peas or sweetcorn to your curries, soups, stir-fries or stews. Beans and chickpeas also count as one of your five-a-day, so stock up on these too.
Top up your breakfast cereals, granola or porridge with some extra berries and grated in an apple or carrot (carrot cake porridge recipe here). No one will say no to fruit salad, so use up all leftover fruit to create this lovely little snack. Life can be hectic sometimes; we put our bodies and minds through a lot each day, so keeping healthy is essential. Get those veggies in!
Now back to my healthy crushed pea bruschetta recipe made with only few ingredients and loads of frozen peas. I have used Coyo yoghurt, but you could use light soft cheese or your favourite white yoghurt too. The consistency might be different though.
There's hardly a dish that isn't improved by squeeze of lemon juice, so make sure you have some by hand. Fresh mint , freshly ground black pepper and a good pinch of chilli flakes make this dish complete.
More Recipes You Will Love Making:
- Healthy Toast 3 Ways
- Smashed Broad Beans and Avocado on Toast
- Avocado, Chickpea, Tomato Toast
- Cranberry and Walnut Hummus
- Sweet Potato Toast
- 2 cups frozen or fresh peas
- 3 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, 2 minced, 1 halved
- 1 handful fresh mint
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Freshly ground pepper
- Few slices of your favourite bread
- Fry the onion and minced garlic in a pan, with a touch of oil if you need to, for 10 mins,
- In the meantime blanch the peas in a pot of boiling water for 2 mins. Drain and set aside
- Get your blender or food processor out and place in the onion and garlic mix, blanched peas and lemon juice. Season, then pulse to a coarse paste.
- Add in the yoghurt, mint, chilli flakes and pulse.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and seat aside. If you have add in some fresh peas
- Now heat up your oven grill, place your bread slices on a baking tray and drizzle with a bit of olive oil
- Grill on both sides until golden and once done rub one side of each slice with the remaining halved garlic.
- Spoon the peas over the garlic-rubbed side of the bread, top with extra chilli, pepper, lemon slice and some mint
- Enjoy immediately!
Easy, delicious and healthy crushed pea bruschetta recipe which will blow your usual avocado on toast out of water! Make sure you pin this recipe for later!