If you love banana bread in any shape or form you are in the right place. Today I am sharing with you my healthy banana bread overnight oats recipe.Overnight oats is something that us food bloggers and basically the rest of the world have fallen in love with! No wonder – it is nutritious, healthy and very indulgent breakfast done in less than 5 minutes. Let’s not forget to mention that in the morning you just pull it out of the fridge ready to be devoured or take it with you and enjoy as a breakfast on the go.
I love love love banana bread, I have the traditional one here, blueberry banana bread but also a chocolate banana bread! Life is gudddddddd!
Now back to this healthy banana bread overnight oats recipe which has unleashed a mega confusion and a debate with my partner Mark who now does not know whether he loves my porridges more or overnight oats. What a lucky boy he is! You can double this recipe and keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days for quick breakfasting all week long.
All the ingredients used in this recipe should be in your cupboards. Maybe apart from chia seeds which I personally now use in most of my baking and making as well as in my smoothies and salads. They have no taste and create a gel film around them, so you do not taste them at all in any of your meals. They are classified as superfood because they are full of minerals, vitamins, protein, fiber and antioxidants…so why not eat them at least once a day!
So here’s the healthy banana bread overnight oats recipe
- 1 cup oats
- 1.5 cup rice milk
- ½ banana, mashed
- ½ banana, mashed (for topping)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp plain white yoghurt ( I used Tesco soya)
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Cinnamon, crushed pecans, touch of maple syrup
- Mash ½ a banana in a medium sized bowl and then add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and then place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning divide between 2 jars and then top with banana slices, crushed pecans and sprinkle of cinnamon.
- If feeling extra special add drizzle of maple syrup
- Devour immediately
As always please, if you make this recipe share it with me either on my Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts