I have a few questions for you. If you answer all of them “yes” then scroll down for your prize. If you answer “no” more than once, go to the next recipe or scroll down anyway to be at least tempted.
1. Do you love peanut butter?
2. Are you addicted to peanut butter?
3. Do you have spare 20 min ?
4. Are you constantly looking and thinking of new snacks?
5. Do you hate baking?
I promise you will love these. They are so yummy, perfect snack on the go, help to fight even the strongest and toughest cravings and they are still healthy! It takes 20 minutes to make them and 2 minutes to eat 2 of them. Most of all they are homemade granola bars, so you know exactly what you have put in. This is my easy and healthy granola bars recipe.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or any nut butter such as almond, cashew or hazelnut
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, raw honey or brown rice syrup
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 cup puffed rice or puffed quinoa
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- pinch sea salt
- 1 scoop protein powder ( optional)
- Melt maple syrup and peanut butter in microwave; make sure it melts thoroughly, but don't leave more than 20 sec.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients and then add the melted mixture. Combine really well.
- Get a square dish, ( you can line it with baking paper for easier removal) and put in the mixture. Press the mixture down, press really hard so it sticks all together.
- Pop it in the fridge for an hour. Cut into individual bars and enjoy loads and loads
Don’t forget to share them with the family, these are my kids firm favourite. Also I have a feeling you will love these Simple and clean granola bars too!